Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: When SHTF Master List

Quote Originally Posted by Twostorms View Post
    comdoms are also good for keeping dirt ,rain and such out of the end of your gun
    This is my weapon,
    THIS is my gun,
    This is for killing,
    THIS is for fun.

Condoms also work for dirt out of the end of you weapon too.

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaTea View Post
    This is my weapon,
    THIS is my gun,
    This is for killing,
    THIS is for fun.

Condoms also work for dirt out of the end of you weapon too.
    Love that movie!
    With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds

Sooooooo....

If I am missing one item I will not survive?

BTW, who made the determination that THIS was the 'Master List" and what are their qualifications and their background regarding survival.

"This, is my field kit" Brock F'n Sampson referring to his knife.

I just know I'm just Going MMA On a Deceased Equine(. I.E. Beating the hell out of a dead horse) but In an extended SHTF. You Need to buggout get to your destination and wait it out, there is nothing else that can be done. Just have plenty of stuff stocked up for that moment.....then you just have to take it as comewhat may after that.

Hey guys, just happened upon this site while working on my hobby...this.

The master list seems extremely thorough and positively suggestive. Granted theres a lot of stuff on here most won't come by but in terms of "always improving your situation" its nice having a list you'll probably never run out of things to buy for

and +1 to Bugging in rather than out. But as most people find out about life, its all situational.

What does everyone have in their gardening master supply list? I'm originally a city boy, so I've tried to use Google as much as possible making mine. So far I just have:

Shovel, hoe, gloves, rake, spading fork, seeds (not hybrid), mattock, wheelbarrow, trowel, watering can, tomato cages, and shears.

Quote Originally Posted by ravingbantha View Post
    If you want to keep on the run, go ahead. But eventually your limited supplies that you have on you will run out, then you will be forced to scavange. When that happenes you have become a menace to alot of people and may end up dead very quickly.

Not every SHTF scenerio will be over in a day or two, in fact several (including most major natural disasters) could last decades or even centuries. If you plan on staying mobile as your only plan, you will soon realize that you made the wrong decision. Most theives and crooks will get thinned out shortly aftera major event, those that survive the first few months will have done so because they avoided trying to break into a occupied structure.

Defending a building of any sort is 1000 times easier then taking it by force, study history and sieges and learn a few lessons.
    Lets just hope the SHTF scenario doesn't involve your bug in location. Fire, hurricane, earthquake, tornado, as well as non natural disaster conditions could turn that amazing stock pile of supplies into an unusable mound of garbage. IMHO you must have a contingency plan that will allow you to be mobile as well and that would not include a lot of what you have listed.

If I had all that stuff I would just seal myself in a cave for about a year then come out.
    The number one rule is to not let anyone know you have so much.
    Well I guess it's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

We all have different personal scenarios. Some have a bug-out plan, some have a fight/die-in-place plan. Those plans will affect what you consider essential preps. Personally, mine is a fight/die-in-place plan so I don't have to limit my preps to what I can reasonably travel with. The point of the OP, I think, was to get everyone's cylinders firing and spread ideas. Before I deployed overseas I read all I could of similar lists from guys who'd BTDT and it saved me a lot of time and money. And this master list was one of the first posts I read when I found this forum. Hats off to Chicom for putting it together in the first place.

Just my Buck-o-Five.....
    "They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist--. . . ."

Cadaver,

I don't think this is a Master List meaning you have to have everything on here; it's a Master List of everything the contributors of this board thought about. No two person's will have or require the same list of items so to personalize it for your use, just remove the items you don't think you need (or add if you don't see something you think should be there). I just use it to trigger my memory that I might need something I didn't think of.
    I'm not worried about all hell breaking loose; I'm worried about part of hell breaking loose, it'll be much harder to detect. George Carlin