Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's out there in Illinois?

I am in Elgin Illinois.

Mr. Slow Never Rcvd

OK fellow Illinoisans the Hoosier state is smoking us in post and that ain't right.

I'm down in McLean co., unfortunately I'm in college, no car and just lost my job so I'm not going to be doing any traveling anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by mr slow View Post
    I have a bar, we can meet at in Chicago. It is on the northwest side in a nice neighborhood. My friend and fellow survivalist own it.He would have no problems with us having a meeting together. What would be a good date for a gathering. Illinos gun works is only a mile or two away. We can all meet at Illinois gun works. If guys want to bring your guns and do a little shooting there, lets do it.

Maybe we can plan to all meet up at Cabela's for the gun show coming up on Feb,13-15,2009. I plan on doing some serious shopping that day.I plan on going on a Saturday morning with my wife. Any way my name is Rob, and I would love to meet like minded people.
    What Cabela's? The one in Hoffman Estates? I might be interested in a meet. I too am over 50. I was at GAT guns this morning. Got there at 9:30 am and no wait to get in to shoot. By 12:30 pm the line was backed up around the counter and all firing positions were full. The place was packed with buyers and browsers. I cannot believe the crowds and the morass at Cabelas most weekends also. The current times just don't appeal to me much. I miss the old days.

i'm here in the south suburbs. actally going to world of wheels sunday at the mccormick place.

aw, none of you are way south. I left Chicago in 93, best thing I ever did. Ringing the Liberty bell from way southern Illinois......

has any of u seen the bill in illinois rule comittee? hb0687 u have to have a million dollar insurance policy on ur guns incase of a wrong full act. if u don't have the insurance the state police seize ur foid card. making ur guns illegal n u a criminal. got to infowars.com i can't belive this state we live in.

welcome to illinois. we spawned the HR45 bill here too. I'll be a criminal real quick.

The Cabela's gun show sucked. I bought one box of 00 buck shot for 18.00. I found a guy selling his whole gun collection. He has over 40 AK47s. He wants 450.00. He also has two thompson machine guns. He wanted a 1000.00 each.He also had 3 hk91 from springfield for 1200.00 dollars each. This guy has over hundred thousand rounds of ammo for sale. He has cases of 7.62 x 51mm for 200.00 dollars. The same price for a case of .223. in the tin cans. He wanted 100.00 dollars for 500 round cans.My friends loaded up. We spent over 10,000 on guns and ammo.
    Last edited by mr slow; 02-17-2009 at 07:57 PM.