Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Kansas Are you out there?

Haha, it's hilarious how we have to defend ourselves from the stigma's of some of these towns.

Anyone in NE Kansas know any good (FREE) places to shoot? Like a big field perhaps?

There is a "state park" (basically a field with a state sign on it in the middle of nowhere) I go to occasionally, but I understand if you are target shooting and not hunting, you get a fine and could risk confiscation of your firearm.

If anyone does have any land, I would certainly be willing to provide labor to help out setting up a range or, hell, labor to clean out your barn or something in exchange for "range time."

Message me

I'm a fellow Lawrencian...

All of us in NE Kansas(Lawrence, OP, Olathe, etc) should meet up sometime and go shooting. Maybe over to the bullethole in Shawnee(old overland park).
    I'm from Lawrence, but lived in Overland Park for a few years with my wife, but couldn't stand the smug jerkoffs there, so I decided to take on the hippies instead of the BMW carmel non-fat chai tea latte' drinkers... haha

I'm not about to step foot in the Bullethole if what I hear is true. As I understand it from some folks I talked to at the Olathe Gun Shop, that place is mic'd for "security purposes."

I understand if they're real worried, but I'm not about to take part in it.

I agree we should all meet up. Certainly someone knows someone with a bit of land in the boonies? I've a friend in KC who has a friend with land, but it's a PITA dealing with the cattle. They come up within 5 feet of you when you're trying to shoot, and you have to bribe them with a salt lick--only lasts about 15 minutes...

Hahaha "bribe em with a salt lick", that's funny dude.
    So that's what they guns at olathe gun are saying eh? I go in olathe gun all the time, that's where I get most of my ammo and guns... good guys.
    I've never actually been in there.
    Also, "mic'd" for who?

I may be moving to Kansas as soon as December, the latest 2011. How is the land out there for building underground shelters?

Lots of hard flintrock and limestone around here. (South Central Kansas). Plan on blasting.
    Preparing so that I may live better today and post shtf.

ridder, yeah they are good guys. The dude that always wears the tie seems to know everything about everything--a really good resources to ask questions!

Ravhyn, I would say in the northeast you would have an easier time digging. Southeast and mid south have a lot of rock. I think further out west the land is not too bad for digging. But out west also sucks...there's nothing there. Where are you moving to?

any one going to the CTAGA gun show in Wichita?
    Preparing so that I may live better today and post shtf.

in BFE (meaning out in the middle of nowhere)

I have family in Kansas with a bug out shelter in the middle of BFE western Kansas. I’ve been all over the great Sunflower state. Use to have family in Pratt, but they have passed.