Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: commodity inflation

Default commodity inflation

I wonder why we preppers seem to be the only ones with alarm bells ringing on inflation.
    other than a few "gold bugs" in the financial commentary community.
    and those complaining about building materials.

just look at the feedstocks that end up in everything food, from processed foods to animal feed.

corn goes in almost all processed foods
    a year ago today it was at $320 today it is trading at $686 - more than double

soybeans - anything that doesn't have corn probably has soybeans
    a year ago $850 today $1,540

wheat
    a year ago $522 now $734

Money is flowing freely so no one wants to stop that, regardless of the elephant in the room.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

move along, nothing to see here
    no problems on the horizon

https://www.zerohedge.com/s3/files/i...?itok=_qOaHJ5q

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    Money is flowing freely so no one wants to stop that, regardless of the elephant in the room.
    Quick, somebody corner the market for elephant poop!

I noted in the last year...when going to buy some silver and when I had spare monies.

Ahead of me in line was a fellow who had a bag and pulled out some $20k to by gold.....and did not hesitate to drop that much for PM's.

Now ...not only that...but I saw this same fellow twice buying up gold and the second time dropped some $27k for PM's....and thought nothing of it.

The olde folks taught me that when you have people willing to drop large quantities of monies on PM's....you have the M Factor moving....the money factor....

Then look for inflation down the road.

The Biden Administration is creating huge deficits in the trillions .and putting this into the marketplace against declining job creation....but more spending.

This spells price increases....which we call inflation.

What is really is ...is depreciation of the dollar...a decrease in the purchasing power of the dollar.

This means government will have to raise taxes on all of us...not just the so called Rich. Taxes on the rich is a con job to keep people not thinking and manufacturing a bad guy.

Distractions to keep us from looking at and understanding what is really happening out here....the blame game.

AT least Trump was taking steps to create jobs in America...to put people back to work..rather than just create money out of thin air.

Another thing some of you need to know about many governments in history...

And that is that when the money goes into the toilet in inflation.,..governments often and historically outlaw PM's.

They don't like people to know this history but it has happened.

So be warned....significant steps are being taken towards the weakening if not the destruction of the value of the American Dollar.

People have been warning of this coming for over 30 years now.

Be warned the Ishmaelites.

Orangetom

Not an Ishmaelite.

Yep, my load of deer feed jumped $75 from two weeks ago. In additionnto $100/gallon diesel fuel hike, my semi monthly feed run to ranch just got more expensive. Well, I can save on food for trip, oh wait.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

To many dollars chasing too few goods. Where have we seen this before?
    There was that one guy on MSNBC who use to mock gold buyers since the 80's(name escapes me). Last week, he had to eat his hat. He now sees why. The monster coming down the pike is not only going to devastate the US, but the world. When the dollar does crash(and it will), many of the world's economies go with it. WW3 will follow.
    I don't know why, but all I can think is we are the " 'mystery' Babylon" mentioned in the Old Testament.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

Caution: Wild Ride Ahead!

Sell unneeded items while the selling is good, and the stimulus cash lasts. I would keep some cash on hand, and convert the remainder to tradeable goods, or bolster your supplies.

Heirloom seeds .