Thread: New tinder

Default New tinder

I always scroll through Marketplace on Facebook to see if I can find where the Easter Bunny hid his the eggs
    Someone who looks like he and his four legged militia are already living post shtf is who had the eggs
    I got the directions on google maps to get there and when I arrived in a neighborhood that was basically Dogpatch I questioned the Google Maps and said I think Iím in trouble
    Luckily a guy running a maintainer let me know I was really close to said address but to be careful cause this area was Meth head Central. Iím like ok thanks
    Got to the address and picked up my goodies
    Three huge black garbage bags of Cottonwood shavings! Tinderbox City for me
    Iíve been saving all my metal coffee cans and lids and this stuff will be sitting beside all those cardboard French fries I made up a couple weeks ago
    Btw all three bags for 15 $
    I was lucky I could shove them into the back of the camper shell
    The guy used them for when he raised and bred Labrador Retrievers. And yes they are poop and pee free I checked

Best tinder in the world is pine knots. You can find it all over the woods and it's free. split it with a hatchet into small pieces, one little piece will start a fire.

Much better than shavings, especially cottonwood. Burns longer and hotter.
    Last edited by bambam; 05-02-2021 at 07:54 PM.

Gotta have an alternative when thatís not available. Hacking at a Pine knot brings a lot of noise plus Iíll be looking for squaw wood as well as fallen wood gotta have a plan b and c carrying no fuel
    Last edited by silvergramma; 05-04-2021 at 10:16 AM.