Thread: Odd moment of reflection... What are the odds

Default Odd moment of reflection... What are the odds

So i was on my way home from work,driving threw the city. I stopped at a light and saw 2 thug looking guys in face tats and dew rags. Mean muggin crossing the street in feont of my van. I was thinking how they think they are so tough and kinda snickering. When i looked to my right i saw a couple sitting at an outside cafe drinking a coffee. I noticed it is one of my mentors. A guy that got me on the path im on. And helped me with my shooting. I rolled down the window and called his name...what you doing man...he replied "hey buddy. Just looking at all the sites this city has to offer..lol" the light changed and i waved and said see ya.
    Reflecting on that situation i realized something. That thug crossing the street wanted everyone to think he was the bad mofo on this block. Yet 20 ft away sat a force recon marine officer with an amazing history... They actually made a movie about his unit in grenada....yup that one.
    Real bad mofos slip under the radar. While that young thug was muscular and much younger. If bet dollars to pasos on the old nerdy guy..... Remember the baddest guy on the block may not appear to be the baddest guy on the block

You know the old saying.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

When in rome?

To call a fig a fig? Modernized to call a spade a spade..
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Funny how i met the guy. At the shooting range i used to belong to he was always getting yelled at for shoooting too fast and running practical drills. Everyone in the club was yelling at him for drawing on the range and running with guns. I was the only one who asked. What you doing and can i try it?. He showed me the drills they did in marine meu. . and then others. Then others. I got hooked.

Itís always the quiet reserved ones that are the biggest threat.

Had a thug threaten myself and my nephew a few months ago. He was running his mouth acting like a tough guy. I let him think he had the upper hand with him waving his arms around, all the while my hands were in my pockets. Unbeknownst to him, my right hand was on my 9mm pistol that was in my pocket. In reality, he did not have the upper hand like he thought he did. Sometimes itís best to let the other guy think he has the upper hand while keeping your trump card hidden.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Weak people are usually the loudest, most obnoxious chest puffers. Nothing but blow-hard. I've stood up to several like that. Pthpthpth..... Not a single one were willing to go one on one. With those types, it always seems to take a village/gang.
    Just don't turn your back to them.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!