Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mobile antenna for a base station antenna.

I poured a concrete pad and anchored my pole base Saterday. Yesterday I ordered a ground plane antenna, 25íft of coax cable and a pigtail . The pigtail is so I can hook into the antenna and to a 5watt radio I have . Once I get the mobile antenna for the ground plane Iím going to see what kind of range I get with the hand held . Itís only temporary until I get a good mobile radio to hook up. I have also thought about getting a amp from BTech itís supposed to boost a 2watt radio to 20watts and a 5watt radio to 40 watts. The only problem I have with that is it boosts my TX signal but not my receive transmission. Or at least thatís the impression that I have about amps. It may be cheaper in the long run to just buy the radio that has the power I want and skip the amp. As for now Iím just going to use a hand held 5Watt radio to the what kind of coverage I get in my area

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amp is only for transmit. Quality antenna and coax is what boost the receive end. Actually they help both ends
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Yea itís what I was figuring on . I got the cable that Buy Two way radios recommended. So I hope itís a decent cable . As for the antenna Iím probably going to spend the extra money and get the 6db gain that midland sells . I should be able to get the range that Iím looking for around my house . On a clear day I can get 2 miles full circle around my house. Thatís using BTech V1 GMRS radios .with stock antenna talking to another V1 that person sitting the the truck .
    I will let everyone know how things go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk