Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 65

Thread: Shortages are coming, what have you heard/seen

  1. #31
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    Yeah, I was just too tired. Sorry bout that. Is it possible for him to raise prices?


    But I guess if they did that then he would not be as competitive with other plants. Wow, thatís a horrible pickle to be in!!!
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

  2. #32
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    Yeah, I was just too tired. Sorry bout that. Is it possible for him to raise prices?


    But I guess if they did that then he would not be as competitive with other plants. Wow, thatís a horrible pickle to be in!!!
    Raising prices would be one option , but as you say, his customers might leave, unless all his competitors are in the same pickle and have to raise their prices too. Then you have to worry about customers just not buying, because of across the board higher prices.

    Next option is reducing costs other ways, such as laying off workers , which he CANNOT do because that is his major problem right now, not enough workers.

    It's a catch 22 . No easy answers. I'm thinking food shortages are coming due to higher gas prices, food shortages due to weather , not enough people working , etc. , so if he can keep it going until people get hungry enough they have to work and/or pay higher prices, his company may survive.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast
    Posts
    2,405

    Default

    We haven't adopted socialism (yet), and already the problems of being socialist/communist are coming home to roost.



    ** Forewarned is forearmed **
    =
    Make America under God Again
    Truth-Justice-&-the-AMERICAN-Way

  4. #34
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,629

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winni View Post
    We haven't adopted socialism (yet), and already the problems of being socialist/communist are coming home to roost.



    ** Forewarned is forearmed **
    Very few countries have ever " adopted " socialism, but millions have died because of it. We are living on the edge of the cliff right now. Are we going to be Venezuela ? I'd rather die on my feet.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    4,100

    Default

    The government wants a docile citizenry and the FED says inflation is ok. As long as this persists then things will only get worse as the government keeps pushing out free money. The more they give, the less people will want to work, the more shortages will get worse. By the time riots start, it will be too late for an easy fix.

    Buckle up your boot straps. If you thought 2020 was bad, you ainít seen nothing yet.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    683

    Default

    I filled up my cars and my diesel tank on the property yesterday. Gas, and diesel are up a full 25% in my area (Southern Oregon). If this is a trend across the country, it is no wonder why we are seeing higher prices and shortages everywhere. Independent truckers are being forced out of business, because they have to charge more to haul, to cover rising fuel prices. This causes supply chain problems in a system that doesn't respond well to glitches (thank you Harvard and Just in Time supply chain ).

    Interesting the government is completely ignoring the fact that we are all experiencing inflation. Well... everyone that is not getting closer to homesteading.

    I refuse to speculate on the why's and the who's, which only leads to conspiracy discussions. Instead I look for solutions and strategies to ride out what ever is coming down pipe.

    Homesteading seems to be the best cure to what is happening, right now.

    Question to the admins: Would it be beneficial to open a new discussion group "Homesteading" where we can talk about homesteading as a prepping strategy?
    7/4/1776 - 11/4/2020
    ~~~~RIP USA~~~~

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Uncle View Post
    I filled up my cars and my diesel tank on the property yesterday. Gas, and diesel are up a full 25% in my area (Southern Oregon). If this is a trend across the country, it is no wonder why we are seeing higher prices and shortages everywhere. Independent truckers are being forced out of business, because they have to charge more to haul, to cover rising fuel prices. This causes supply chain problems in a system that doesn't respond well to glitches (thank you Harvard and Just in Time supply chain ).

    Interesting the government is completely ignoring the fact that we are all experiencing inflation. Well... everyone that is not getting closer to homesteading.

    I refuse to speculate on the why's and the who's, which only leads to conspiracy discussions. Instead I look for solutions and strategies to ride out what ever is coming down pipe.

    Homesteading seems to be the best cure to what is happening, right now.

    Question to the admins: Would it be beneficial to open a new discussion group "Homesteading" where we can talk about homesteading as a prepping strategy?
    Just think about how high gas is gonna be when they have to start payin' them guys that pump your gas 15 bucks an hour.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    2,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Uncle View Post
    I filled up my cars and my diesel tank on the property yesterday. Gas, and diesel are up a full 25% in my area (Southern Oregon). If this is a trend across the country, it is no wonder why we are seeing higher prices and shortages everywhere. Independent truckers are being forced out of business, because they have to charge more to haul, to cover rising fuel prices. This causes supply chain problems in a system that doesn't respond well to glitches (thank you Harvard and Just in Time supply chain ).

    Interesting the government is completely ignoring the fact that we are all experiencing inflation. Well... everyone that is not getting closer to homesteading.

    I refuse to speculate on the why's and the who's, which only leads to conspiracy discussions. Instead I look for solutions and strategies to ride out what ever is coming down pipe.

    Homesteading seems to be the best cure to what is happening, right now.

    Question to the admins: Would it be beneficial to open a new discussion group "Homesteading" where we can talk about homesteading as a prepping strategy?

    all the farmers around here were advised to fill up for spring and fall when Biden's eletion steal was confirmed >>> 50% increase was being talked about as a possibility - could hit that by this fall ////

  9. #39
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,629

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    East TN Smokey Mountains
    Posts
    5,608

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •