Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Get armor while you can

Years ago I heeded this call. Don't know when or if it'll ever be needed but it's here. I put it on once or twice a year just for a few minutes and move around a bit, so I remember what it feels like. Feel like a turtle in it... hard shell steel plate, side plates too. Carrier & plates with attached gear clocks in around 28 pounds. Pretty good mobility in it, it distributes everything pretty well. Was it cheap? No. Still less than the cost of a decent pistol.

Shouldering a long-arm in this reminds one of the value of adjustable stocks... not a huge difference but definitely noticeable.

Wish I could put such things away and just let them collect dust... the way things are going it appears that luxury is receding rather than advancing. If I'm lucky I'll never wear it to a 2-way range... luckier still if no one I love is wearing it to one instead because I've become too long in the tooth to be more help than hindrance to any kind of organized effort. Might be getting there sooner rather than later.

When they start prohibiting purely defensive implements it's painfully obvious it's not accidental deaths and street crime they're worried about.

No manufactured drama nor hyperbole but that's exactly the way the wind was blowing in 1776... you get worried about an uprising when you start exerting pressure guaranteed to instigate an uprising. The best way to tell such plans are in the works is when they grab for the guns and other defensive tools owned by the masses. Villagers are a lot less scary without torches and pitchforks.
    Last edited by bruss01; 04-13-2021 at 12:42 AM.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

Thats why they barrier walled the capitol. They plan on steping all over us.

They're stepping, it just hasn't Hurt bad enough yet.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Just got my level IV plates in. Bought 3 sets with side plates.
    Armageddon Catering....Providing All Of Your Post SHTF And TEOTWAWKI Needs.

Driftz where do you find armor for $350?
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Got mine from ar500.....it was around 340ish for each set I got a couple yrs ago... They had a big sale going on then...
    Last edited by C. Wildcat; 04-13-2021 at 07:04 PM.
    Live Free or Die

I ordered a spare set of 10x12 polyethelyne vism plates from www.opticsplanet.com they are 177 each

Thanks guys
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

https://www.opticsplanet.com/vism-po...tic-plate.html
    There yahhhh go.
    The 10x12 are the normal adult size. Fit most carriers.
    I have some much nicer ones. But the visms are 3.5 lbs each. They are chinese. But for that price....

meh, I've seen people shoot. I'll probably stubb my toe and die of ingrown toenail or something stupid.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.