Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get armor while you can

Default Get armor while you can

Chuck u. Shummer has a bill in hand that would make the fbi regulate body armor..you know those backpacks with armor in them for your prescious kid....banned. Screw your kid. The government doesnt want you stopping their bullets.

Also, lots of vids out there on how to make your own from various materials.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Also, lots of vids out there on how to make your own from various materials.
    Iíve made some that easily stop a 9mm from just ceramic floor tile, denim, license plates, and liquid nails. Made a thicker one that even stopped a .270 round!!
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    Iíve made some that easily stop a 9mm from just ceramic floor tile, denim, license plates, and liquid nails. Made a thicker one that even stopped a .270 round!!
    I saw one video using ceramic tiles, sheets of fiberglass cloth, and I believe epoxy.

Or for $350 have something you know will stop several 7.62 rounds. Just sayin. There are times to cheap out. But protective gear is not one.. Mcguyver all ya want. But if a moment comes and you say...damn i wish i bought aome real plates..think of driftz mooning you..

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    Or for $350 have something you know will stop several 7.62 rounds. Just sayin. There are times to cheap out. But protective gear is not one.. Mcguyver all ya want. But if a moment comes and you say...damn i wish i bought aome real plates..think of driftz mooning you..
    With my mobility issues, if someone hits me with a round, Iím dropping. This guy canít run nor move quickly at all so if at all possible, my hind end will be a ways away from the front lines!

My big concern with a lot of the commercial grade body armor is with how many rifle rounds can penetrate standard armor. Like my .270 deer rifle. It sends out 130 grain rounds as fast as a standard 5.56 round so the .270 hits twice as hard. So personally, Iíd rather spend more money for a higher rated plate, especially considering how prolific harder hitting rounds are out there.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Maybe a tank for you buddy. Lol
    Truth. A 147gr 308 will most likely knock you out for abit from the blunt force. But no penetration. I know some guys who took 7.62x39 hits in armor. One guy took 2 hits and dident even know he got hit till after the fight was over.
    The technology has come a long way

Not disagreeing with you Driftz, but not everyone out there can drop $ 350 for armor , especially with " President " corn pop in office.

Yeah i know man. Just makes me mad they want to ban everything.

Yeah i know man. Just makes me mad they want to ban everything.
    Well you aren't alone, there's about 100 million pi$$ed off patriots out there.