Thread: Ok....ok...I ran out of excuses......

Default Ok....ok...I ran out of excuses......

Ok....ok....I confess....finally it happened...

I ran out of excuses not to cut my grass today. I broke out the gasoline push mower and began cutting.

I trimmed up using my gasoline weed eater and then my gasoline blower to clean up the debris and make it look half way presentable.

However.......,

In the spirit of a true slacker....I cut about half of my yard....the backside of the property I did not cut...
    Mostly what can be seen from the front....the street.

I did not use my 42 inch riding mower and will have to get that operational in due time.....or by next weekend.

I have all these fancy yard tools and greatly dislike doing yard work and cutting grass. Go figure....

Mayhap I should have brought my MP3 Player to ease the toil of cutting grass...and or yard work..

I will admit that it was getting wild looking and I was verily out of excuses....

But on the bright side...all of my equipment for this task worked fine....no broken down gear..

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

I feel your pain. But I must say, that once I bought a riding mower, I didn't have time to get bored mowing my lawn.
    Good medicine in bad places

With my rider, mowing my one acre is a relaxing, calming experience.

It's been very windy here today, that's my excuse for not getting out of my pj's or recliner.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Gee, wish I had time to cut the lawn, but this ends up being another distraction to the subjects at hand.......
    =
    Make America under God Again
    Truth-Justice-&-the-AMERICAN-Way

Mowing grass is a bigger waste of time than golfing or watching paint dry.

It is relaxing to me to mow the yard, even though later that day I end up hurting from doing too much.

But, Iíve got a small postage stamp size lot. Sold the gas mower and weed eater a couple of years ago. Replaced it with a cordless electric models. They donít have the power of gas, the mower is only 16Ē wide, and you have to take your time to get good results. Iíve got a lot of patience which helps. They use the same batteries as all of my cordless power tools which is convenient. It is not for everyone though.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

I pay a guy to mow now, too busy at work and taking care of garden stuff. My guy mows the whole thing in an hour with his commercial mower when it takes me an hour to knock out the front with my push mower.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

5 acres and no grass. Fine with me.....I gotta watch for weeds though.

I use my riding mower to drag the horse's pastures every weekend, I really enjoy doing that, it has become sort of Zen....

Quote Originally Posted by borrego View Post
    5 acres and no grass. Fine with me.....I gotta watch for weeds though.

I use my riding mower to drag the horse's pastures every weekend, I really enjoy doing that, it has become sort of Zen....

LOL LOL LOL....now that is funnyi borrego....!!

This one too...by Fidel MD.

I feel your pain. But I must say, that once I bought a riding mower, I didn't have time to get bored mowing my lawn.

And hey.....flock 6.....I'm right there with you on this one....in particular the recliner.....they came up with a verily correct name for the recliner...."Lazy Boy."

Can I get an Amen!!!!????

It's been very windy here today, that's my excuse for not getting out of my pj's or recliner.
    Thanks to all for the replies..

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 04-12-2021 at 12:38 PM.