Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newest prep

I'll just drop this right here...

Travel Trailer Electrical Upgrade
    https://www.whenshtf.com/threads/531...trical-Upgrade

Ends up covering a lot more than just "electrical upgrade" - solar panels, dual hot water, refrigerator, etc.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    It will be extremely hazardous but you should make sure the black tank is cleaned out too.

Wire up 12 volt cameras all around the RV. You can buy aftermarket vehicle backup cameras for pretty cheap. Get a 12 volt monitor and a video switching box and you will easily be able to check the perimeter of the RV without ever looking out of a window.

Then there’s the things that would make life easier. Sleeping quarters, a stocked kitchen, and some place to sit down on.

Just a few ideas from my crazy mind!
    Cleaning a black water tank isn't that bad. A couple gallons of bleach, fill it with water, let it sit for a day or so, drive it around so it splashes all over the inside, drain and flush with water.
    Good medicine in bad places

" It's a 1976 25' camper "

Suckerrrrr.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    " It's a 1976 25' camper "

Suckerrrrr.
    I know right....

Here are some pictures of it.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
    “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.”

Those older ones are pretty heavy compared to newer ones. But free is free. The sky is the limit as to what you could do. The very first thing I would do is seal the roof, whether it leaks now or not. Then caulk the outside walls at every seam. Only after it was completely sealed would I start doing any other work on it.

1976 - didn't realize it went back that far >>>> check over the frame really good - they were skimpy as hell back then - any rust won't help - don't even need to tell you to look for floor rot ...

it's a Mallard - they built a good rig

OP - We got a 1968 18 footer for $1200, to live in on weekends while I built our off-grid house. Once that was done we ripped everything out of it and rebuilt the interior. No kitchen, bath toilet and sink only. It's only for guests at this point.
    You have a chance to do something pretty neat I would think. All the suggestions on here have been solid, just decide what you want to do.....

Show us some pictures!

The very first thing I would do is seal the roof, whether it leaks now or not. Then caulk the outside walls at every seam. Only after it was completely sealed would I start doing any other work on i
    that is really good advice

big box stores sell a rubber type paint for mobile homes, I used that on my old 1982 Winnebago and after 4 years still no leaks

Quote Originally Posted by explo72 View Post
    that is really good advice

big box stores sell a rubber type paint for mobile homes, I used that on my old 1982 Winnebago and after 4 years still no leaks

don't know about a RV size - but with the old mobile homes it's best to use one of the new poly rolled products they use on the regular buildings - re-shaping the roof to pitch it instead of flat flat also helps ...