Thread: Sale run after easter

Default Sale run after easter

I live in a small town and itís a blessing and curse at the same time
    I made a cool discovery at the meat cooler while the workers were putting out new cuts and rotating the packs
    Of course they are all dated with a sell by stamp
    I happened to pick up some 1/2 price small beef roasts and the guy there next to me says hey if you want some good buys watch for about 2 days by that date thatís usually when we mark them half price. If they donít sell by then we pitch em
    I was shocked!
    So Iíve been looking for stuff I like
    Iím not a steak eater so I donít float by unless they are thick enough to make a couple portions from
    Yesterday I managed to get 2 flat iron steaks for half price and then my friend here told me before Easter to keep my eye peeled for the mark downs on the pot roasts
    So I went back this morning actually hoping to grab a marked down Spiral cut ham for all the bean soups I do but not this morning
    Nope not this morning
    This morning I struck paydirt!
    2 pork picnic shoulder roasts dated for April 8th. There were about 7-8 roasts in the reach in cooler
    One was 9.03 lbs at 1.19 a pound originally 29.71 then marked down to half price to 10.75
    Then second one was an 8.29 pounder at same price per lb marked at 1/2 off down to 9.87
    When I went to the check out line a guy was standing behind me ogling them roasts
    I told him go over to the cooler and look in the bottom there is plenty left
    Told him just throw them in the freezer when you get home
    He went to the back and came back with two under his arms his wife gave him a weird look but he just stood in line
    I also grabbed 8-16oz jars of portobello mushroom spaghetti sauce that were marked 1/2 price
    When I got home and looked at the receipt the roasts were both marked down another 1/2 off of the1/2 off price
    Stole em stole em stole em keep those piggies rollin!
    Ps the sauce is getting dehydrated
    Last edited by silvergramma; 04-06-2021 at 01:43 PM.

Thatís always a really nice surprise to find scores like that!!!
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

curious as to the why and how on dehydrating spaghetti sauce? please.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Ok on a 14x14 square silicone liner. I bought an Excalibur dehydrator. Itís a nine tray model. The 16 oz jars will spread out nicely from edge to edge use a cake frosting spreader or the back of a big spoon and spread the sauce as evenly as you can
    Then when you get all the trays filled set the temp for veggies and let er go for at least 12 hours and check
    All the sauce will look dark and pretty much like fruit leather
    Just make sure it snaps and tears when you want to pull it off the sheets
    Btw I went this afternoon and got the last roast.
    I will go get the big oval roaster that I put my turkey in and also get the oval crockpot up and put the smallest one in it.
    The big turkey toaster will have to go stovetop cause my oven in my camper is only big enough to do biscuits and such in
    Gonna be a busy beaver tomorrow
    Last edited by silvergramma; 04-06-2021 at 09:14 PM.

Spaghetti sauce? As part of preps. Takes up less space in the pantry and can go straight to the buckets with gamma lids.
    8 oz per person on pasta one jar for me is two servings

I think I just found a flaw in the math. Gonna double check nope weíre good but I wanna peel back that sticker so bad lmao
    Last edited by silvergramma; 04-06-2021 at 09:47 PM.

You can dehydrate anything and rehydrate it later, even water!!

j/k hahahaha
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Dehydrated water is much lighter to carry, and you can tote it in a cardboard box.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

It's true, have tried dehydrating spaghetti sauce once, nothing changed after rehydrating it. Works like a magic.