Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A pleasant surprise at Lowes today.....

Default A pleasant surprise at Lowes today.....

Took my car to work last night and cruised by the graveyard on the way home to check on the family graves and noticed that some of the solar lights I'd put out were not working.

Hence today I stopped by Lowes for some replacements and got a surprise..a pleasant surprise.

There was a Arabic couple out front playing music with a amplifier..and a violin..and a basket for donations.

The young woman with the violin played very nicely ....smooth and relaxing music into the amplifier...

This caused me to walk across the roadway and sit on one of the riding lawnmowers for sale...and just enjoy the music.

People would walk by and put monies in the basket..

I enjoyed the music but after about ten minutes the store manager told them they had to shut down and move....

i understand the stores point with all the traffic moving about out front but nonetheless..and while it lasted I enjoyed the very pleasant music from my perch on one of their riding lawnmowers.

As they packed up I walked over and gave them a 20 dollar bill and a one ounce Silver Canadian Maple leaf. The male gave me that Arabic salutation wherein they put their hand over their heart and I did return it.

That made for a pleasant surprise amidst the hustle and bustle ...of the high speed lane in front of Lowes and I continued inside to purchase replacement solar lights. I will put them out on the graves later this evening.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Now that is an interesting experience!!

I had just the opposite experience at Lowe’s today. Went in to pick up some 2”X4”X8’ boards and some other things so I have most of the materials needed to finish the off grid work shop. They wanted $7.21 each for an 8’ pine 2X4!!! Although they did have a box of peel and stick floor tile on clearance for $35 that will cover 90 square feet.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Recently bought a 2x6x8 yellow pine........almost $12.
    About three times the cost from a year ago.

up 277% on national average. Mills not taking in lumber at the rate they were. Just a new day in Bunker Bidens AChina.

Quote Originally Posted by finris View Post
    up 277% on national average. Mills not taking in lumber at the rate they were. Just a new day in Bunker Bidens AChina.

It is SO BAD for building materials right now, that the company I work for will gladly sell you a new home today, BUT.... and it's a BIG but... we can't give you the price until 30 days before your home is complete (average build is 90-120 days depending on plan and features). We had a meeting last week and they told us that we know what the materials that are onsite cost, and the ones that will drop today, but we don't know what the materials we'll order tomorrow will cost. Projected cost for a sheet of OSB roof deck is $100 per sheet soon. (Up from about $15) and we use an average of 40 sheets per roof, some of our products use much more. I haven't seen shortages like this, never mind pricing, since right after Katrina sent drywall and roof materials sky high if you could get them at all
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Wow...on the building materials....

I had heard that wood has significantly increased in price..but had not purchased any in awhile.

Interesting on the price of homes..

Also ....what I remember on the lectures I had heard on inflation.....in that as inflation begins to run away....verily run away....

It makes it difficult to make contracts because one does not know the price of goods/materials over the time the contract takes place. By the time the contract comes due for signing the costs may have gone up significantly and if this cannot be accounted for ....the parties in the contract will take a loss if they cannot update the terms of the contract.

Now...we are in the business of building submarines and Aircraft Carriers..and these are very very long term contracts...involving many many vendors nation wide.

Can this company and vendors ...recoop costs at those inflation rates over the long terms of the contract...

And is government intelligent sufficient to know that they are the major cause of the inflation by money printing to buy more and more votes.????

The thing to remember historically ..is that when the money fails...the government usually falls...

I do not believe the Average American is up on this history. The question is...whether the replacement government is any more intelligent than the one they are replacing or by design...steering out the door..

Usually they are not and become totalitarian....even dictatorships..

The one time I know of that a major government was replaced with a system of liberty and freedom for the people was with the Constitution of the United States.

I am suspecting that the inflationary symptoms you are seeing at the stores is only the beginning by design.....for the purpose of replacing this government....and bringing in some kind of UN...Global Government to replace our current system...under and Emergency.

John Maynard Keynes.....Economic Consequences of the Peace..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ec...s_of_the_Peace

Lenin is said to have declared that the best way to destroy the capitalist system was to debauch the currency. By a continuing process of inflation, governments can confiscate, secretly and unobserved, an important part of the wealth of their citizens. By this method they not only confiscate, but they confiscate arbitrarily; and, while the process impoverishes many, it actually enriches some. The sight of this arbitrary rearrangement of riches strikes not only at security but [also] at confidence in the equity of the existing distribution of wealth….

As the inflation proceeds and the real value of the currency fluctuates wildly from month to month, all permanent relations between debtors and creditors, which form the ultimate foundation of capitalism, become so utterly disordered as to be almost meaningless; and the process of wealth-getting degenerates into a gamble and a lottery.

Lenin was certainly right. There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose.

From an article in the Law of Markets..

https://lawofmarkets.com/2020/05/23/...-the-currency/

They are talking about Ishmaelites run wild....into economic bondage...which will also lead to social bondage...

Wow...this thread has taken a long road away from a pleasant day at Lowes.....

Orangetom
    NOt an Ishmaelite.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 04-04-2021 at 09:26 AM.

I have a tendency to watch international currency markets. Euro was like 2 for every US and the Swiss France was up 1.76. Just not a good place to be.

Yet AOC wants 10 trillion dollar bailout!!! You know we can afford it????!!! WTF are these people thinking!!

I have always read that democracies die after about 200 years. Why? People learn they can vote themselves "gifts"....Then economic collapse and Tyrany rains...Until people get to the point that death is better than the excistance under the regime... Oh well. I guess we are gonna see what we are gonna see....

Quote Originally Posted by finris View Post
    ......Yet AOC wants 10 trillion dollar bailout!!! You know we can afford it????!!! WTF are these people thinking!!.......
    Who said AOC "thinks"? ? ?

Occasional Cortex one of the least effective members of congress. Yeah I know, that isn't saying much, but,

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/aoc...mbers-congress

That reminds me, what ever happened to that talking tampon, Ilhan Omar ? I'm hoping it has been sent to Gitmo.