Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We were in a head-on collision today

Default We were in a head-on collision today

Yep, a guy came into our lane and hit us head on.

Long story short, a woman in an SUV passed out and lost control hitting the ditch. We stopped to render aide. SHe was conscious but rightly shaken. I got out to calm her and keep her from panic. She called her husband and he showed up, hauling ass, doing about 60mph, IN OUR LANE, saw us and locked his brakes and hit our truck head on! My hubs was behind the wheel of our truck while I was talking to the woman in the SUV. LUCKILY, NO ONE WAS HURT but in rendered both our truck and his, undrivable. Police were called out. The guy that hit us admitted it was his fault. His insurance was verified, police report was made and out truck was towed to the collision center. The guy that hit us towed his own truck. He tried to keep us from calling the cops and tried to get us to move our truck but we refused even it we could have moved it, which we couldn't. He got a bit testy with us. Come to find out he had some serious priors and that's why he didn't want the police involved.

Anyway, we are fine but funny thing, we both use the same insurance co. We called our agent and they are bringing us out a rental truck. The other guys insurance has to pay for it, the repairs and our deductible.
    Been a hell on a day. An officer gave us a courtesy lift home.

Don't know the outcome of the woman in the SUV. She refused medical attention though.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Good to hear that you and Hubs are both unhurt. The rest is now just an inconvenient mess.

As for this happening the way it did, you know no good deed goes unpunished, right?

Yikes, glad you're O.K. Vehicles are replaceable, people are not. Calling the police and making a report was absolutly the correct thing to do. Especially if the other guy had a dark record. If lawsuits arise police documentation may be the difference in winning or getting really messed over in court.

Take care and be well.

Right! No good deed goes unpunished but I will always render aide. I'm on the right side of the law. Besides, it's illegal to witness an accident and not stop.

The guy that hit us got a bit pissy with the officers but they defused the situation pretty early on. He started out calling them racist because he is Mexican. Hell, he had already admitted fault and it was obvious anyway. He even got nasty with hubs for taking pics of the vehicles involved.
    He got ticketed. I don't know the cost but it has to be pretty steep.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Wow...!!! Glad to hear you and your husband are ok Camouflaged....

Strange story you have there but glad all are ok...

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

What's wrong with that Mexican, her wife got helped and he did that? I am hoping that he rot in jail this time. Glad you two are okay. Can't believe doing a good deed will put you into this kind of situation.

happens more often than you'd think - getting someone to drive to the hospital instead of you personally flying there at subsonic speeds is advisable !!!!

Yeah people get all tarded in chaos.

Glad you are okay. You seem to be having a streak of rather bad things happening. I hope your life settles down to being boring!

Glad you are OK Cammie .