Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Thinking about adding some calories

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    2,560

    Default Thinking about adding some calories

    Years ago I bought 1 pkg of the emergency food ration bars off of eBay
    Now I知 thinking I need to add more to my stash
    Ok folks where is a good site to buy them from
    And I知 serious

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Chicagoland
    Posts
    2,323

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silvergramma View Post
    Years ago I bought 1 pkg of the emergency food ration bars off of eBay
    Now I知 thinking I need to add more to my stash
    Ok folks where is a good site to buy them from
    And I知 serious
    did you find the brand and flavor you like from your previous purchase? >> that's the deciding decision - everybody sells them - usually not that much $$$ difference ....

    if you rotate thru them - the retail sold energy bars can serve the same purpose - they taste a whole lot better
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 03-29-2021 at 03:29 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    2,560

    Default

    All I can remember was a definite coconut flavor

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,958

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silvergramma View Post
    All I can remember was a definite coconut flavor
    I've got some that are apple/cinnamon flavored. Not THAT crazy about the flavor, but they're not bad. Plus they will fill you up and keep you going.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sweet Tennessee
    Posts
    4,884

    Default

    My dad has gone mostly vegan.. I tried one day, had some lettuce and beans and corn. By supper time I was chasing a chicken with a fork in my hand. I'm pretty sure about 12-14 hours is all I would live without meat. Lol
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    My dad has gone mostly vegan.. I tried one day, had some lettuce and beans and corn. By supper time I was chasing a chicken with a fork in my hand. I'm pretty sure about 12-14 hours is all I would live without meat. Lol
    A lot of people don't realize just how fast a chicken can run. Thank God for gunpowder.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    2,560

    Default

    Im surrounded by a whole flock of my neighbor/co worker痴 free rangers so I know how fast they can run when being chased by a loose dog. Hilarious all these pups wanna do is chase and burn off energy

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silvergramma View Post
    Im surrounded by a whole flock of my neighbor/co worker痴 free rangers so I know how fast they can run when being chased by a loose dog. Hilarious all these pups wanna do is chase and burn off energy
    Dog meat is good too, according to Lewis and Clark and 10 million mexicans.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    North Dakota
    Posts
    2,560

    Default

    I think I値l get a big dog and name him Gunpowder. To intimidate those that wanna steal my calories and yes I致e seen the cans of dog meat on shelves in ethnic grocery stores

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,958

    Default

    As long as I have my bow, and there are squirrels, rabbits, deer and wild hogs I'll not be munching on roast Rover!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •