Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: vehicle miles tax

Default vehicle miles tax

Buttplug wants to stick it to us all. Bend over.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/othe...cid=uxbndlbing

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Buttplug wants to stick it to us all. Bend over.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/othe...cid=uxbndlbing
    I thought that was what the gas tax we pay at the pump was supposed to be for. What are they doing with THAT money. I know that's a state thing, but if it were used wisely our infrastructure would be in a lot better shape.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    I thought that was what the gas tax we pay at the pump was supposed to be for. What are they doing with THAT money. I know that's a state thing, but if it were used wisely our infrastructure would be in a lot better shape.
    Beo, only in a perfect world......which it ain't.
    Two years ago here locally I saw a billboard with paying by mile for insurance.
    Insurance co.s will get behind this because it'll make them even richer.
    There are already many driving without ins., this will only add more.

It is, BUT, electric vehicles do NOT pay gas taxes there by getting a free ride. So I am in favor of a VMT on electric vehicles. I am not is favor of being double taxed by having to pay a VMT on top of the fuel tax. If you drive on a toll road it would be a triple tax.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:

Wow...you folks are not kidding about .....bending over!!!!!?????

This is going to be not much different than a lockdown...wearing masks....cancel culture....Phase 2.

Is it possible that this is the intended effect of the vehicle mileage tax......limits on peoples liberties..the ability to come and go????

Or more accurately....more "Herding???" Slowly, incrementally forcing people onto public transportation...like in the UK and on the Continent....like in much of Asia???

Ishmaelites run wild....

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 03-28-2021 at 09:56 AM.

Lol. I can unplug the wheel speed or trans speed sensor on most vehicles. It will throw a code but and may not register speed but will not add miles. Lots of ferris beullers gonna so this if it passes

I kinda don't think this will pass. I think they're at lest smart enough to realize that something like this would have about the same effect as them standing behind a LAW ( 66mm light anti-tank weapon) rocket when it is launched. The back blast would be deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    Lol. I can unplug the wheel speed or trans speed sensor on most vehicles. It will throw a code but and may not register speed but will not add miles. Lots of ferris beullers gonna so this if it passes
    Most would probably utilize some kind of GPS, because it is easy to defeat an OBDII device. But, with a GPS device, covering the antenna with aluminum foil will decrease the signal strength enough to effectively render it useless.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by jdh View Post
    It is, BUT, electric vehicles do NOT pay gas taxes there by getting a free ride. So I am in favor of a VMT on electric vehicles. I am not is favor of being double taxed by having to pay a VMT on top of the fuel tax. If you drive on a toll road it would be a triple tax.
    They don’t pay a gas tax but they do still pay road taxes in the form of registration fees.

The government is always gonna find new ways to tax us, because somewhere someone is not paying their fair share. Right?

Just had this same discussion with my youngest brother the other day. He is a lib. I was trying to explain to him that the way to get people to pay their fair share is not to add more taxes, but to over haul the IRS. These so called loop holes are just regulations. If you add more taxes, people will find new ways to “write off” more. But if you simplify the tax code and make it even for everyone, then everyone has an equal share in the game and at that point it would give the poor more incentive to watch how their tax dollars are being spent.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    They don’t pay a gas tax but they do still pay road taxes in the form of registration fees.

The government is always gonna find new ways to tax us, because somewhere someone is not paying their fair share. Right?

Just had this same discussion with my youngest brother the other day. He is a lib. I was trying to explain to him that the way to get people to pay their fair share is not to add more taxes, but to over haul the IRS. These so called loop holes are just regulations. If you add more taxes, people will find new ways to “write off” more. But if you simplify the tax code and make it even for everyone, then everyone has an equal share in the game and at that point it would give the poor more incentive to watch how their tax dollars are being spent.
    This isn't gonna happen, uncle Joe told us he's not gonna raise taxes on anyone that makes under 400k, it's gotta be true, he said it himself. Oh, wait, now it's 200k, wait a second, maybe it's 200 dollars.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power