Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quality #3 wash tub

Default Quality #3 wash tub

Does one exist any longer? Like everything else these days, a tub isn't what it once was. Guess I'll try a Behrens brand, but don't have much faith. Hell, at the ranch we have several galvanized 55 talon drums with Magnolia oil stamped in side that are older than my 62 years, not sure when Magnolia became Mobil, but had several uncles retired Magnolia.

Anyway, not sure of brand but last washtub we had lasted about 3 years catching rainwater before it rusted through. They all shiny and new looking but last nothing like the old matte grey colored ones that were bulletproof.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

not sure what size a #3 is >>> have picked up a few galvanized tubs when they were cheap enough - galvanized bushel baskets also - I like the square ones but most are sink tubs without the old steel frame stands ....

we have the tubs available new thru the farm supply stores - Farm & Fleet ect ect >>> large ones are $25 USA made

Fortex Industries, King Metalworks, Fortiflex.

I have all 3 of these brand, going on 20 yrs now and not a rusty spot on any of them.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Well darn, looks like they may be available at Tractors Supply. Ours doesn't have any tubs.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

You can order them online.

Not yet, I can't. Had one ordered and paid for on Tractor Supply, then an hour later I get a full refund, they don't have them. The search continues, and I'm going to extend the search south into Mexico.

Holy cow! We have them here at our TSC. THEY USUALLY DONT KEEP MORE THAN A COUPLE BUT, if you want, I can get them for you and you can reimburse me. I'll ck next time I go to see if they are still there.

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Could you kindly give me a SKU number on them, I can't see them locally on TSC?
    =
    Make America under God Again
    Truth-Justice-&-the-AMERICAN-Way

Blain's Farm & Fleet have the Behrens brand 11 & 17 gallon round and the 15 gallon square >>> ship anywhere but CA

comment from the online wash tub ad >>>

☆☆☆☆☆
    ☆☆☆☆☆5 out of 5 stars. mander 8 months ago
    Washtub Search
    I could not believe that it would take me out of Texas to find the type and size of washtub that I needed to finish a water fountain for my wife.

✔ Yes, I recommend it.

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

LMAO, thanks IW
    =
    Make America under God Again
    Truth-Justice-&-the-AMERICAN-Way