Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are you looking forward to?

Default What are you looking forward to?

Today is the 3rd day of spring. Here, the weather is beautiful. As I type this, itís sunny and I am sitting on my deck with my 5-year-old son playing with his trucks in the yard and my 2-year-old son is taking a nap after running through the woods with me all morning scouting turkeys.

With spring comes nicer weather. We are also seeing many states are reducing or lifting the covid restrictions, the covid shot availability is improving for those who want one, seasonal ranges are opening up, and shooting areas that were inaccessible due to things like snow are now becoming accessible. I am seeing sport and gun shows along with competitions on the calendar again, and ammo is starting to not be such a rare sight. With all these positive things happening, what are you looking forward to?

Me, I am looking forward to getting some outdoor range time in, much more than I did last year.

Iím looking forward to setting up my modest solar setup, after finishing my wifeís off grid she-shed. Then I can put some much needed attention into our garage to build a little work bench and get it all cleaned up. Weíve only been in this house for 9 months so we are still trying to make it ours so-to-speak.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Refurbishing my gihugical gas bbq grill putting new parts on it setting the rotisserie on it and using the patio set as we cook on it
    Long Island iced teas to go with

Been building some more raised beds. Got several more to go.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker1513 View Post
    Raised beds are awesome bacpacker. Twice the yield in half the space.

Got my garden worked up. Already planted a few taters in one raised bed. Gonna plant more this weekend.

Other than finish filling my last 2 built, I'm probably done with them till fall. Gonna grow most in the ground this year. But I'll continue getting materials and finish building them when things slow back down. But I'm about halfway where I want to be. So far so good.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

White bass spring run..........that is if there is enough rain.

The ground to dry up a little.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Sitting by the pond, fishing, having a cold one.

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker1513 View Post
    Wifey loves to grow vegetable plants in the garden, it's been her addiction since the pandemic, what are the cons of using raised beds?