Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you do if you're trapped in your vehicle during a riot?

Default What do you do if you're trapped in your vehicle during a riot?

Does anyone have a plan in case of being trap in your vehicle during a riot? This is something I have thought about quite a bit because it is happening in many areas and it's unpredictable.

One thing that stands out to me is the rioters are very organized and prepared. Some are even armed. In some cases they have people in vehicles ahead of the blockade to chase down the vehicles that make it out.

This is what I have as a plan so far. On my route to work which varies, I have certain places that I have to pass through on the expressway. Every time I drive through them I kind of do a "recon" during the pass through. Sometimes I'll be caught in traffic at that spot, which gives me time to look around.

Here's what I look for when I study the area:

Where are the nearest off ramps and where do they go to?

Where is the nearest break in the median?

What improvise driving options do I have, such as u-turning on the shoulder or offroading out?

Also while at home I've studied a map of the area to find the closest "safe" spot which could be a business in case I have to abandon my vehicle. Two of these for sure will be walking for at least a mile in the hood.

Keeping track of the present events helps. One example, the January 6 "riot at the Capital " coming in the newsfeeds over phone made me decide to take the back roads home at the time. Avoiding the areas I consider bad. Even though nothing happened, I was only inconvenienced by a scenic drive home.

The placement of where your vehicle is at plays a huge factor on how you will handle the situation. If it is a blockade due to prosters and the vehicle you're in is in the middle lane three cars back in the traffic jam there's some quick decisions that have to be made.

Before I considered all this, I did have at least two items in my gear that could be very useful which was bear spray and a fire extinguisher. Since then I've added body armor and smoke grenades. The smoke grenades are only airsoft grade but they do put out a good amount of smoke and it's pull-pin activated. The plate carrier is the concealed design in Coyote brown. I picked that color because it blends in well with Carharts. My gear is also very gray man appearance. I have the armor set up in the front with me to where I can have it on in 20 seconds. (I actually practiced this with a stopwatch lol) This includes taking off my coat first.

In the worst case scenario, the fire extinguisher is going to be the first "smoke" screen to buy time for an escape. The bear spray would be next to make the attackers reluctant of the smoke screen. Throughout all this chaos is when I'll run away from the vehicle tossing back a couple smoke grenades. Hopefully by then I'll be blending in with other fleeing motorists among the abandoned cars.

This is the best plan I can come up with tailored for myself. I wouldn't mind any feedback, advice or opinions on this subject and if there is additional information already on this site a bump or location of that thread would be greatly appreciated.
    I am not an armchair warrior, I just act like one.

If riots are popping off stay away. In some states you can turn your car into a plow. Other dem states they just want you to get beat or killed. Best advice is to just not put yourself in that situation. If it were me. I cary duct tape in my vehicle. Duct tape your liscense plates and drive home as needed.

Also you have to have the military mindset that. We are driving from point a to point b and nothing will stop this. If something gets in the way avert or destroy it. Get you music mix to get you amped up. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a3JSbOt7CLo
    Tape your plates up. Put on mouth for war . let it rip tater chip. You will be home in no time.
    Last edited by driftz240; 03-21-2021 at 10:42 AM.

Duct tape your liscense plates and drive home as needed.
    I like that idea

Every time I drive through them I kind of do a "recon" during the pass through. Sometimes I'll be caught in traffic at that spot, which gives me time to look around.
    You can supplement that with google street view, take yourself a leisurely virtual drive and you can spin 360 ever so often. Even virtually "drive" down your escape routes.

I have to pass through on the expressway
    stay in the right hand lane - assuming that's where your exits are. And often there is a shoulder on the right you can use to escape.
    and if you come upon stopped traffic, leave enough room between you and the vehicle in front of you so you can maneuver. General rule of thumb is be able to see where that vehicle's rear tire sits on the road, but really depends on the turning radius of your vehicle.

Oh. Put your phone in an ammo can before you get on your way. They can track you threw your phone. Thats how the fbi found alot of people from the capitol. Cell phone tower pings and time stamps. Keep an ammo can in your car. If you have onstar your boned too.

already happened in some parts of the country - BLM/ANTIFA blocked the xways and interstates and then started their racial crap on the trapped motorists ....

keep this kind of crap in mind bugging out and having to come thru a rough part of the city - normally not much trouble - these days WROL will be coming on FAST >>> you could see the street gangs causing wrecks and pirating blocking vehicles - working their way down the stalled xways robbing the loaded down bug out vehicles - people always evac with their best goodies ....

I do have a protocol for "plowing" through which varys with the level of danger. The ideal situation would be to drive slow enough that people have a chance to move out of the way but fast enough that they can't grab and climb on with no intention of stopping. All while laying on the horn.

Explo, I totally agree on the virtual drive through and even in many cases I've had to actually go into those areas because thats where the job was at. I also agree with being in the correct lane during the situation. I definitely would not want to be in any of the middle lanes if something was to happen.

Driftz, I certainly would abandon the phone if it was a situation where law and order was compromised. My ideal situation if I got caught in a riot would be to be found by the police. I would even use the colored smoke to help them locate me.

Illinois W, sounds like we've read some of the same information. What's scary is when they single out White people. Which has happened, numerous times. Being half Filipino with dark skin may spare me there but they definitely would target my vehicle because it stands out as a work vehicle with tools inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Sheeple View Post
    I do have a protocol for "plowing" through which varys with the level of danger. The ideal situation would be to drive slow enough that people have a chance to move out of the way but fast enough that they can't grab and climb on with no intention of stopping. All while laying on the horn.

Explo, I totally agree on the virtual drive through and even in many cases I've had to actually go into those areas because thats where the job was at. I also agree with being in the correct lane during the situation. I definitely would not want to be in any of the middle lanes if something was to happen.

Driftz, I certainly would abandon the phone if it was a situation where law and order was compromised. My ideal situation if I got caught in a riot would be to be found by the police. I would even use the colored smoke to help them locate me.

Illinois W, sounds like we've read some of the same information. What's scary is when they single out White people. Which has happened, numerous times. Being half Filipino with dark skin may spare me there but they definitely would target my vehicle because it stands out as a work vehicle with tools inside.

trouble with the azzhole BLM/ANTIFA - their hate spectrum moves from one side to next - your looks or ethnicity might not excuse you because you're a working man - they attack anyone over 45 sometimes - $$$$ expensive vehicles set them off - if you're dumb enough to still finger yourself with bumper stickers or decals >>> for God's sake don't beep the horn at absolutely nothing these days - just squash that squirrel ....

Illini W, I'm totally with you on the BLM/ANTIFA hate spectrum. I would be a target. The only sticker I have on my vehicle is a High School sports logo. If anything, I still plan on beeping my horn and make a reasonable effort to not run over someone. I want to keep the prosecutor's leverage against me to a minimum if someone was to get hurt.

All the situational scenarios I'm pertaining to are based on society still having law and order.

Rouge. You may not want to be found by police. They are most likely going to treat everyone as a threat. And you might find your car and gear impounded and you in the pokey for just being there.