Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What do you do if you're trapped in your vehicle during a riot?

I still plan on beeping my horn and make a reasonable effort to not run over someone.
    made me think of those front facing cameras that mount on your dash or rear view, could help document that "I feared for my life".

Quote Originally Posted by explo72 View Post
    made me think of those front facing cameras that mount on your dash or rear view, could help document that "I feared for my life".
    I picked up one of these dash cameras a few months back. DO NOT get one that has a rear view camera that records what you are doing. A camera that shows what is behind the car is fine. Assuming law and order is still happening, a dash camera is your witness that is 100% trustworthy and does not lie. If law and order has collapsed, it would be good to have a way for your camera to not be recording at that time.

My camera has picked up SEVERAL close calls. In every instance, the camera proves my side of the story and ensures should something happen then I have proof of my side of the story vs hearsay.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

I have several routes that I can take to and from work. About once a week Iíll take one of these alternate routes so I stay on top of any changes that take place on the route. My car is a typical liberal mobile(a hybrid car) so that helps, but my windows are tinted which also helps make it difficult for others to see inside. There is one thing on my back window that does give me away as a conservative though and that is a horizontal strip of blue tape. If things get much worse, it may be time to remove it.

Iím at a big disadvantage should I hit a riot because I canít run at all, and I canít walk far due to health problems. So I have no other choice but to avoid those areas, and worst case scenario, hit the gas and donít look back. One thing I do have going for me is I am a former novice race driver. I still have those skills to outdrive others even if the have a faster car than what Iíve got.

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    I picked up one of these dash cameras a few months back. DO NOT get one that has a rear view camera that records what you are doing. A camera that shows what is behind the car is fine. Assuming law and order is still happening, a dash camera is your witness that is 100% trustworthy and does not lie. If law and order has collapsed, it would be good to have a way for your camera to not be recording at that time.

My camera has picked up SEVERAL close calls. In every instance, the camera proves my side of the story and ensures should something happen then I have proof of my side of the story vs hearsay.

I'd make damn sure the thing disappears if you ever have a Zimmerman situation - it's bound not to help your side of things NOOOO matter what it recorded ....

cops are getting their righteous side of things recorded - and it only makes it worse >> facts don't matter anymore - the BLM riot threats & screaming do

Hmmmmm...I just picked up a faraday bag for my phone..but the ammo can is a good idea too..

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    [/COLOR][/B]

I'd make damn sure the thing disappears if you ever have a Zimmerman situation - it's bound not to help your side of things NOOOO matter what it recorded ....

cops are getting their righteous side of things recorded - and it only makes it worse >> facts don't matter anymore - the BLM riot threats & screaming do

The power cord is ran to a power outlet in my dash. On more than one occasion I have bumped it where it lost power and stops recording.

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

=
    Make America under God Again
    Truth-Justice-&-the-AMERICAN-Way

Wouldent adding a ground cable between the lid and main body do the same thing?. Seems like too much hassel doing tje metal gasket thing.

It's a VERY dangerous time for urban commuters. They are frequently being drug out of vehicles and assaulted or killed or having their vehicles damaged. Or if they harm someone in flight, they are prosecuted.

With the current climate of drivers suffering assault, death, and/or property damage, and many folks in their cars who resort to violence being prosecuted, a person would be very very wise to pay attention to the atmosphere and warnings and avoid those areas at all costs.