Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scared of SHTF

Default Scared of SHTF

I know this is probably pretty common but wanted to survey your responses on this topic. I have been casually prepping for several years but the realization that things may be happening is kind of hitting me. I have 3 young kids and really just scared about the future for them.

My faith in Christ is really the only hope I have and realize that when it's my time, there is no choice.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
    “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.”

AT, you have to focus. Try not to live under the shadows of what might happen.

A lot of what is going on in DC is theatrical BS to keep the masses confused. Turn away from it for a little while so that you can focus.

If it really is inevitable that a political SHTF will occur, then you need to have a clear head. Stressing over what might or might not happen isn't heathy for you or your kids. If it's your faith that's holding you together, then lean on it and let the rest work itself out
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

if you're truly prepping >>> you're on top of what is going on domestically & internationally - and it's not good by the blindest & idiotic fool around ....

there's an actual race on - what blows first?

Why do we prep?
    To continue on. To keep living and thriving.

So don’t forget to live life right now. It’s a balance

And there isn’t a single person on here that hasn’t been where you are right now

✌️
    Once during a hunting trip in Remote Alaska I ran out of Twinkie’s and was compelled to live off of of fish and moose meat

Agree with Camouflaged...

Focus and you cannot let fear overtake you...,as difficult as that may be for many of us.

Also agree with the theater in DC....on the post by Camouflaged..

Ishmaelites run wild...

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite

I as well as many on here have a motto... Hope for the best, plan for the worst. Hope should cast a shadow on the worst.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Yep. Alaska is right. Been there and done that.

It is exhausting and depressing to really follow everything. All of us have been there at some point. All of us have backed off of the news feeds at some point. Focus on your kids. Regain your mental and spiritual strength, and then come back to the prepping aspect of things. If need be, do small prepping things in the mean time.

The number one most important thing to keep in mind amidst all of this is this;

Why do you prep.

For some of us, myself included, it is because we want to be able to provide for our kids when there’s no way to get life sustaining items that are usually provided for you. I also prep because of my faith. Get into the word. Read up about Joseph how he helped Egypt prepare for the 7 years of famine and how all of the odds were stacked against him. It’s a good read to remind us that prepping is biblical.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by ATurner View Post
    I know this is probably pretty common but wanted to survey your responses on this topic. I have been casually prepping for several years but the realization that things may be happening is kind of hitting me. I have 3 young kids and really just scared about the future for them.

My faith in Christ is really the only hope I have and realize that when it's my time, there is no choice.

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
    Your faith in Christ is all you need.

God created us to live life, to pursue happiness. Enjoy your kids while they are young, they grow up far too fast.

Having said that , God expects us to prepare for the future, for anything bad that may happen, whether it be illness , accidents, financial troubles, whatever.

Prepare for bad times, but don't let it consume you . Live your life, enjoy your family , and know at the end of the day God is in control.

Fear is good. It is what as kept humans alive for all of our years. Everyone experiences fear. Fear is nothing to be ashamed of because it is a natural human condition and it is in no way a bad thing.
    The only way fear can be bad is if you let it take control of you. Instead use your fear as a motivator. Use the fear to help you stay focused.
    I fear for my children even though they are intelligent, strong grown men. It is natural for a parent. Your job as a parent is to protect your children. Sounds like you are doing that right now and have been doing that just fine.
    My advice is to just keep doing what you are doing.

AT, a far wizer man than I told me once "Pray, like it all depends on the Lord. Live like it all depends on you"

I don't know about you, but I prep as if it all depends on me. I think about what might happen, how long I might have to survive, and build my prep accordingly. Build a network of people in your area, with whom you can barter for things you cant make or raise. This gets you focused on doing something on your land that is valuable to other people. It will also connect you to the community. Turn off the damn TV. Everything that comes out of that thing is complete BS, designed to brainwash you into being a sheep. It's OK to walk around and go "Ba-a-a-a-a" with the rest of the sheep. They don't have to know you are in disguise (OPSEC). I meet with a few of my prepping friends at church and we talk together at the socials afterward, briefly; we talk at length over BBQ at each other's houses. Many things are discussed there which aren't mentioned outside the gatherings (OPSEC). One of these guys is within a few miles of my place and I ride a horse over there instead of the old Jeep (OPSEC) because nobody can track either one.

Instead of thinking about what could be happening out there, prepare for the SHTF event and forever more smile behind your face diaper, because unlike all the rest of the sheep you pass, you are prepared. No matter what happens, you are prepared.

But what do I know, I'm just the crazy uncle.
    July 4, 1776 - November 4, 2020
    ———————RIP USA——————