Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My trip to Wally World.....today...

if Biden didn't intend to do any 2A attacking and if nothing new transpired for SHTFs around the world >>> the shortage would last til 2024 without a doubt ...

there's been enough new gunowners and guns sold in the last few years to soak up all the US manufacture and imports for years to come ....

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    if Biden didn't intend to do any 2A attacking and if nothing new transpired for SHTFs around the world >>> the shortage would last til 2024 without a doubt ...

there's been enough new gunowners and guns sold in the last few years to soak up all the US manufacture and imports for years to come ....
    Yeah, way I see it too. I'm glad I got what I got while I could. Regret not getting more, but no place to store a whole lot.

From the previous page by 91 CavGT....

It has now been a few months since I have seen any 9mm with 1 exception.

I am now days very glad I never bought a 9mm handgun or carbine.

I do own a .40 and .45 ACPs. But mostly have the olde .38 Special and .357 mag...and plenty of fodder for it. Plenty of reloading supplies for it as well.

For some reason I just never wanted a 9mm.

That for which I decided to keep I invested in plenty of reloading gear for them...and also produced a lot of reloads for those calibrations. Even the .41 Mag I put back plenty of fodder for it.

However...the lack of reloading supplies out there is a concern for me as is for the other reloading members here..

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

There is no ammo shortage....Ammunition Plant is like 93 miles down the road from me. I mean they got 30-06 in enbloc clips in metal ammo cans and everything. 45ACP and just about anything else you might shoot.
    I have joked about going down there to go ammo shopping. I always have to end my story by telling everyone I would get caught!!! I would be the just one more can of ammo!!!

In all honesty folks there is no shortage. Just that the non U.S. ammo importers are not getting the certificates to import they're products. I am aware of several places that have 5.56mm in FOB in 20' and 40' shipping contaners. How much do you want??? Just have to get the End User Certificate and the U.S. importation paper work....

Honestly How much money do you have? You can get anything. If you have the money.........

30/06 on enblcks. and 45 what year you stuck in finris? lol gonna arm up against jerry's n japs.

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    30/06 on enblcks. and 45 what year you stuck in finris? lol gonna arm up against jerry's n japs.
    Why you gotta tease me like this??? You know I'm stuck in the year of "Lets put one big hole in them and put them down". Intead of the year of "Lets put lots of little holes in them and see if that does it"...

I like 06 and 45. Hard to find those two in bulk in normal times. Look on gun broker and see what 30/06 enblock spam cans are going for!!!!

Onl another note went by my favortie gunstore. They had a few guns on the rack and a couple of pistols. A few rounds of ammo on the shelves but odd ball stuff. The did have a good selection of acessories.

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    From the previous page by 91 CavGT....

I am now days very glad I never bought a 9mm handgun or carbine.

I do own a .40 and .45 ACPs. But mostly have the olde .38 Special and .357 mag...and plenty of fodder for it. Plenty of reloading supplies for it as well.

For some reason I just never wanted a 9mm.

That for which I decided to keep I invested in plenty of reloading gear for them...and also produced a lot of reloads for those calibrations. Even the .41 Mag I put back plenty of fodder for it.

However...the lack of reloading supplies out there is a concern for me as is for the other reloading members here..

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Well, I have a very good reason for going with a 9mm. For a guy, Iíve got small hands. Most gloves that I buy are a size medium or small. Luckily for me though, I have worked with my hands for a couple of decades so despite their size, Iíve got a firm grip. Iíve got a couple of wheel guns and like them, but I wanted a semi auto that was easily concealable. A 1911 is too big for me to comfortably operate and too big to comfortably conceal. So, Iím relegated to carrying a single stack. A .380 just doesnít have enough punch for my tastes so it had to be a 9 or 40. After looking at several models I found one that fit my hand perfectly and it feels good. That is a sub compact Keltec PF9 9mm. It is one of the smallest 9mm ever made. It works great for me and after putting about 600 rounds through it, Iíve not had a single malfunction. If someone with bigger hands shoots it though, it is a jam-o-matic!! My small hands can just barely have all of my fingers on the grip, with a pinky extension on the magazine. That means if you have bigger hands, you can only hold it with 2 fingers. Since it is so tiny and light, it is VERY snappy and will turn my hand red after just shooting 2 magazines!! So, all of those factors combined end up causing it to have a FTE if you have big hands due to not being able to hold the pistol tight enough so the energy from the fired round rocks the pistol back so the slide does not go back far enough to eject the spent case. But I love my 9mm, and I still have a few hundred rounds left so Iím not hurting for ammo, yet....
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

LOL LOL LOL Driftz240.....

I personally like .45ACP and enblock clips work fine in my long gun..

I can also take the rounds out of the enblock clips and put them in my other long bolt gun a 1903 Springfield..

I got to go along with finris.....I like the 30 cals...and for the same reason...

91CavGT,
    9mm is a personal choice but it never was my personal choice. However I never envisioned such an ammunition shortage..taking place in this country....even down to reloading supplies.
    I am glad I stocked up what and when I did..but not with such an shortage in mind...more like SHTF or TEOTWAWK.

But you know.....now that I think about it more in depth....

What is going on with the left today could be described as TEOTWAWKI....as well as Ishmaelites run wild...

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom

I carried a PF9 for a very long time. I carried it between my belt and jeans, it was extremely comfortable for me and carried well like that. I now carry a ruger LC9s it's almost identical. I made a post about the 2 somewhere on this forum.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Twice in the last week Iíve seen both 45acp and 9mmon shelves, even defensive stuff.