Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My trip to Wally World.....today...

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    Guns are scary. I need to hide in my safe space now..shela jackson lee save me
    LOL!!! Oh, boy! That's like asking the devil for a glass of iced water.

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    Guns are scary. I need to hide in my safe space now..shela jackson lee save me
    LOL LOL LOL.....very good....very appropriate driftz240!!!

And this IW...

most civilians would assume from Hollyweird that their local LEOs have all the weapons & ammo they'd ever need >>> but usually when the alert goes out on something special -there's not enough tactical weapons or gear to go around - the Auxillary around here is encouraged to bring your own ....

I was not aware that many locales were facing such an situation. Don't know much about the Auxillarys.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

It has now been a few months since I have seen any 9mm with 1 exception. A local pawn shop had some 9mm, but they were selling it in zip lock bags. 10 rounds of FMJ ball ammo for $20.

A couple of weeks ago I found 2 sleeves of Mini Mags at a local Walmart. I picked up 1 of those and left the other for someone else. That sleeve got added to my range bag.

Iíve not seen ANY reloading components since late summer. They sold out around here before the ammo did. Must be a lot of aware people around here I guess.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

I want to add that while I was at wally world the other day I picked up a set of two adjustable/crescent type wrenches in 8 and 6 inch lengths and stuck them in the back of my car. Also I picked up an interesting little item which is made by Camillus and it is a small knife..fixed flat blade and handle with rope lanyard and whistle and fero rod. This too I stuck in the back of my car. I have other knives and ways of making fire but it was an interesting set up.

I want to get ...probably from the surplus store...a small mortar round type tube and put into it a set of metric and SAE combination wrenches and also stick it in the back of my car. I have a similar set up in my Pick up truck.

My non Ishmaelite .02
    Orangetom

I decided to glance at the ammo in Wal-mart while we were getting some groceries on Saturday, same thing as the OP.....Zip, nada, zero, not a single round of ammo.

It really seams to be the luck of your timing if you just happen to catch it fresh on the shelf anywhere. My father in law has been looking for .22 shorts for a couple months (he likes them for varmints around the chicken coop). I walked into Dunhams last week and they had 6 boxes so I bought him 2, I hadn't seen any in months and suspect I won't see any for a while again.
    The big LGS about 20 min north of me has been fairly steady on having 9mm, 5.56/223, 7.62/308 and shotgun rounds in stock. They had a pretty good pile of 100rd CCI mini mag target boxes on Friday for $9.99 with a 1 box limit, probably the first .22lr I've seen in 2 months. They've been the best locally but even then I'd say their ammo shelves are 80-90% empty space and the gun counter/racks are about 75% empty.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk." Tuco

I always hated shopping at Wally world, but after this past year I will NEVER set foot in one again. Those big chains along with the globalist elites have destroyed the mom and pop stores , allowed to stay open while small businesses were shut down. Screw them. Walmart, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, and all the others. If I need something , I'll buy local, from a small store. Screw the elites.

All they sell is frickin chinese junk anyway.
    Last edited by bambam; 02-21-2021 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    I always hated shopping at Wally world, but after this past year I will NEVER set foot in one again. Those big chains along with the globalist elites have destroyed the mom and pop stores , allowed to stay open while small businesses were shut down. Screw them. Walmart, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, and all the others. If I need something , I'll buy local, from a small store. Screw the elites.

All they sell is frickin chinese junk anyway.

In the late 80ís or early 90ís, canít remember exactly, a Walmart store opened in a little Texas town called Hearne. My grandparents lived there. Previously to Walmart moving in, Piggly Wiggly was the only grocery store and downtown Hearne was bustling with numerous mom and pop stores. Slowly, shop by shop closed in downtown. About 6 months after downtown died, Walmart closed down due to theft. The city was absolutely decimated. People had to drive 20 miles away to the closest store for their needs and Hearne lost all kinds of revenue and taxes for the city. It took about 15-20 years to recover.

We forget so quickly the evils that big corporations are allowed to get away with. You can replace the phrase big corporations in the last sentence for politicians and it will still be a true statement. The Walmart is open again in Hearne and is always busy.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    LOL LOL LOL.....very good....very appropriate driftz240!!!

And this IW...

I was not aware that many locales were facing such an situation. Don't know much about the Auxillarys.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

I got screwed out of a kevlar helmet by the local PD >>> at a local auction, guy was selling as part of his estate a lot of new issue military gear - including a half dozen helmets - thought I could pick one up at a bargain - helmets came up " Who'll give a price $$ on the whole lot" - PD had a uniform there with a town check ....

Hide your rocks hide your rocks

You know...in the absence of ammo...something told me to purchase three of these....just in case...

https://www.coldsteel.com/viking-battle-axe/

I have dropped one of them off with the small prepper group I sometimes visit upstate....for their use.

I also have one of theses assegai spears with a short wood staff or shaft....I like it better than the long staff model...

This thing is not a toy...nor is the axe...

https://www.amazon.com/Cold-Steel-As.../dp/B004YWJWXQ

Wondering if the ammo shortage is going to get that bad....and for how long...???

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.