Thread: Rush limbaugh has died.

Default Rush limbaugh has died.

Rush has been off the air for ten broadcast days. Last week was "treatment week" when he was off which usually means for a week. But he'd been off for the three days previous and Monday and Tuesday this week.

Today at 11:06AM his show began and Catharine, his wife came on and in a very courageous way, announced the sad news of his death.

"Excellence on loan from God," now paid back, with interest.

I just read this. Sad day, sad day indeed.

Very sad day, even worse, people are celebrating his death.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    Shockingly poor taste but it's become apparent few people give two hoots about propriety these days.

I'm no fan of Hillary or Obama but I would not parade through the streets like it was Mardi Gras if they passed. Maybe raise a glass of good Islay single malt in private, but dancing on someone's grave is distasteful even if the passing was a welcome one.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    There are too many in our "society" who wouldn't know morality, integrity or respect if they walked up and hit them up side the head with a baseball bat. These vermin are not worth the oxygen they're wasting by breathing.
    Last edited by beowulf; 02-17-2021 at 04:20 PM.

Its a testament to his worth when his enemies celebrate his passing. they never could match him on the air and never will.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

This x 10 !

Quote Originally Posted by kingchip View Post
    its a testament to his worth when his enemies celebrate his passing. They never could match him on the air and never will.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

I still remember the SOTU when Rush received the Medal of Freedom. Liberal heads were exploding that night.

When Kathrine made the announcement, you could hear a pin drop in the warehouse. We rotate stations, and today just happened to be "talk day".

Rumor has it Mark Stein may be taking over the Golden EIB Microphone.
    Μολὼν λαβέ (Molon labe), “Come and get them!”

Nobody owes you anything. You're only entitled to what you worked for.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." - Optimus Prime

I remember the first time I seen Rush...I was in my early 20's and I watched his show on TV. I thought he was great!!! GOD'S SPEED Rush may he welcome you home. TGM
    By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. Ben Franklin

My best friend’s dad back when I was in high school had a bumper sticker that said “Rush is right”. On many Boy Scout trips he would have Rush on the radio. This was in the early 90’s. I remember thinking what he was saying made a lot of sense. I continued to listen on my own accord after I graduated. My heart is broken and I feel as though I have lost a close family member. We all knew it was coming, but it has not made it any easier.

We love you Rush and thank you God for loaning him to us.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best