Thread: 2021.. The year of the MAG

Default 2021.. The year of the MAG

Well my 2021 has started off with a bang. With all the poltical hubbub in January. We are now being hit with extreme winter weather ( the high today was -7). So with the extreme temps the local power grid has deemed it necessary to start with rolling black outs.

I have decided that this is the perfect time to put together my MAG.. Or expand it rather.

Any suggestions on how to purpose it to others?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
    ďEvery saint has a past and every sinner has a future.Ē

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

I'd like to hear others ideas, as well. I seem to always find people that are more interested in what you have and how they can use it, than the other way around.
    =
    Make America under God Again
    Truth-Justice-&-the-AMERICAN-Way

all the communities around here have a MAG formed thru their community Facebook page(S) - sharing road info, local weather, who is plowing & shoveling, school info, special resources needed, advice on a problem >>> it's not just an emergency deal - it's a regular day thing ....

a MAG is an informal agreement between mutual parties with a common association of some kind - you can have a work MAG where fellow workers that live in the same area agree to car pool for any reason - school moms have an after-school sitting pool - neighbors help each other with a common chore - ect ect ....

you want something more formal with leadership agreement, a sharing resource platform and a group membership enlistment >>> treading more toward a prepper group
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 02-16-2021 at 06:53 AM.

I have decided that this is the perfect time to put together my MAG.. Or expand it rather.
    Any suggestions on how to purpose it to others?
    local ham club, local gun ranges, local CERT group if there is one, master gardeners class

Quote Originally Posted by explo72 View Post
    local ham club, local gun ranges, local CERT group if there is one, master gardeners class

I'd most certainly question aligning yourself with any CERT member - especially when dealing on a less personal basis like a MAG >>> some of these drink the GOV punch and their motives should be questioned ....

seen plenty of "self ordained" CERT member on the prepper sites that make it known in no uncertain way - THEY ARE IN CHARGE - "I've got the training - you listen to me"

case by case basis
    evaluate each person with a high degree of opsec

and yes there are many that fit this description - but not all
    seen plenty of "self ordained" CERT member on the prepper sites that make it known in no uncertain way - THEY ARE IN CHARGE - "I've got the training - you listen to me"

Quote Originally Posted by explo72 View Post
    case by case basis
    evaluate each person with a high degree of opsec

and yes there are many that fit this description - but not all

trouble is you're dealing with a good possibility of a sheep in wolve's skin >>> they get a call from the County CERT giving them local authority & power - and they are waist deep into your prepared life - nooooooooooo thank you - one thing that your accountant neighbor knows about your ham operation - totally different situation when this CERT guy comes knocking with 6 county sheriffs to commandeer your home for a command center ....
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 02-17-2021 at 08:25 AM.

Neighbor hood watch. Almost. Check with the elderly to see if they need any extra blankets
    Iíve been hitting the local thrift store for blankets found a couple wool ones and double Sherpa. Keeping them in plastic see through totes with a bounce dryer sheet in it to keep them smelling fresh.
    Go on days when they have colored tag sales
    Also check with Tractor supply stores sometimes they have a special sale on those grey moving blankets
    They really are warm. I got a stack of 12 for 2.99 each when they were marking them down to get rid of them
    You can find out a lot about your neighborhood through the older folks. They will tell you all you need to know about the people they donít trust
    Thatís how it happened when I moved to North Dakota
    I didnít go to them they just came over to my table at the local mom and pop diner
    You hear a lot over coffee