Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: going to Heaven ?

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Those children have to want to learn
    =
    Make America under God Again
    Truth-Justice-&-the-AMERICAN-Way

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5,463

    Default

    by Crazy Uncle on page 1 of this thread..

    One of the most evil and pervasive things being taught over pulpits all over the world, is all we have to do to get to heaven is to accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, and get baptized. BULL $#!T

    Pretty much what I was taught by the Olde School Baptists....

    And the first time I heard it from them...I knew it was correct...

    For we are Made Acceptable by Him....Accepted in the beloved...Chosen people do not choose....they are chosen... For He chooses who are His and does His work in them...and for His purposes...

    Not of works lest any man should boast...

    For He is Sovereign......and we are subject....

    We get baptized because He lives in us...not to get saved...


    In Isaac shall thy seed be called....not in Ishmael...

    Amen.


    Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 02-19-2021 at 04:00 PM.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    under the sea
    Posts
    1,125

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    Finris, I have not taken from or added to in any way. And I want to point something out to you...for you to ponder. Isaiah (OLD TESTAMENT) Chapter seven, verse fourteen: "Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold , a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call His name Immanuel". Then Matthew (NEW TESTAMENT) chapter one: verse twenty three..."Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call His name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us". And they're not talking about two different events. Both are referencing the virgin birth of Jesus Christ...God's only BEGOTTEN son, the Savior of the world, who came to pay the price of mankind's sin once and for all for all time. Jesus paid a debt He didn't owe to settle a debt we had that we could not pay. Finris, the new testament IS very applicable, vital and truthful. I sincerely advise you to set aside any misgivings you may have about that, maybe some underlying fear you may just learn something you didn't want to find out. Read it, study it, humble yourself before God and ask Him to reveal to you the truth. You do that with an open mind and sincere heart you just might be surprised. The old testament and the new testament point out man's fall from grace, the impossibility of mankind to meet God's standards of righteousness and holiness. Jesus told us that if we are guilty of even one part of the law we are guilty of all of it. We can't earn our way into heaven, we can't buy our way into heaven, of our own accord we can never be good enough to get into heaven. But God made a way for that to be possible. His son who died on the cross for all of us. I'm not a 'bible thumper". I'm not gonna beat you over the head with it, nor can I cut the top of your head open and pour it into your mind. When Jesus shed His blood on the cross that took the place of the blood of every lamb, sheep, goat, bullock or oxen that ever had been or ever would be slain so its blood could be used for remission of sin. Jesus became that sacrificial lamb for ALL mankind once and for all. He shed his blood for the remission of the sin of all mankind for all time. As I pointed out, eternal life is a gift made possible by our Heavenly Father via the sacrifice of His son on the cross. But as I also pointed out, before you can benefit from a gift you first have accept that gift. And, Finris, the single most importnat question any of us will ever have to answer is "what are you gonna do with Jesus?" Your answer, your decision, will determine your eternal destiny. And I'm not throwing stones. I say all this out of genuine love and concern. Its a plea more than anything. And I don't trifle with God's holy word. I don't change any of it, use parts of scripure to try to make it say what I wish it said, or what I think it should say. I give it to you straight, uncut, undiluted. That's the only way. And what you do with it is up to you, your decision. And all I can do is tell you about it. I can't make you believe one way or the other. That's between you and God. I'm just the messenger, nothing more.
    "Ask for yourself a sign from the Lord, your God: ask it either in the depths, or in the heights above." יאשְׁאַל־לְךָ֣ א֔וֹת מֵעִ֖ם יְהֹוָ֣ה אֱלֹהֶ֑יךָ הַֽעְמֵ֣ק שְׁאָ֔לָה א֖וֹ הַגְבֵּ֥הַּ לְמָֽעְלָה:
    12And Ahaz said, "I will not ask, and I will not test the Lord." יבוַיֹּ֖אמֶר אָחָ֑ז לֹֽא־אֶשְׁאַ֥ל וְלֹֽא־אֲנַסֶּ֖ה אֶת־יְהֹוָֽה:
    13And he said, "Listen now, O House of David, is it little for you to weary men, that you weary my God as well? יגוַיֹּ֕אמֶר שִׁמְעוּ־נָ֖א בֵּ֣ית דָּוִ֑ד הַמְעַ֚ט מִכֶּם֙ הַלְא֣וֹת אֲנָשִׁ֔ים כִּ֥י תַלְא֖וּ גַּ֥ם אֶת־אֱלֹהָֽי:
    14Therefore, the Lord, of His own, shall give you a sign; behold, the young woman is with child, and she shall bear a son, and she shall call his name Immanuel. ידלָ֠כֵן יִתֵּ֨ן אֲדֹנָ֥י ה֛וּא לָכֶ֖ם א֑וֹת הִנֵּ֣ה הָֽעַלְמָ֗ה הָרָה֙ וְיֹלֶ֣דֶת בֵּ֔ן וְקָרָ֥את שְׁמ֖וֹ עִמָּ֥נוּ אֵֽל:
    You, keep taking things out of context..... NO VIRGIN crap. The term is young. Why can't you folks grasp the basics???

    AS far as the "New" Testiment...Sorry, There is the "ONLY TESTIMENT"...

    Another thing is very important. The Messiah has to be from the Tribe of Juddah. Jews are Jews from they're Mother. They get they're Tribal affiliatiion from the Father. So kinda kills the whole thing for you folks.
    You also forget that they have things that they are required to do to be called the Messiah. I seem to remember the whole part about Lions laying down with Lambs and swords beaten into plow shares....Then you have the whole problem with the Temple not being here...

    To top it all off. Human Sacriffice is paganism. Period. No Human Sacriffice in Judaism. Just a basic reading of the Tanakh would tell you this.

    You and only you are responsible for your transgressions.

    Hear, O Israel: The Lord is our God; the Lord is one. דשְׁמַ֖ע יִשְׂרָאֵ֑ל יְהֹוָ֥ה אֱלֹהֵ֖ינוּ יְהֹוָ֥ה | אֶחָֽד:
    Devarim - Deuteronomy - Chapter 6

    One G-D Mono=One....

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by finris View Post
    You, keep taking things out of context..... NO VIRGIN crap. The term is young. Why can't you folks grasp the basics???

    AS far as the "New" Testiment...Sorry, There is the "ONLY TESTIMENT"...

    Another thing is very important. The Messiah has to be from the Tribe of Juddah. Jews are Jews from they're Mother. They get they're Tribal affiliatiion from the Father. So kinda kills the whole thing for you folks.
    You also forget that they have things that they are required to do to be called the Messiah. I seem to remember the whole part about Lions laying down with Lambs and swords beaten into plow shares....Then you have the whole problem with the Temple not being here...

    To top it all off. Human Sacriffice is paganism. Period. No Human Sacriffice in Judaism. Just a basic reading of the Tanakh would tell you this.

    You and only you are responsible for your transgressions.

    Devarim - Deuteronomy - Chapter 6

    One G-D Mono=One....
    Finris, something else Jesus said..."don't cast your pearls before swine". Simply means don't waste your time with someone who refuses to listen. So further discussion on this topic is usless. Obviously, in your mind, you're the only one who's right and the rest of us are a bunch of idiots. Oh, well. It is what is is. We'll talk about weather, vaccines, the virus, good survival practices...whatever. But not this. This topic is closed. I'll waste no more of my time. Now, where would you like to meet for coffee and we'll try to solve the world's other problems. "Course, we'll have to invite Bambam, Brusso, Cammi, 91 Cav, and a bunch of others to render their suggestions too.
    Last edited by beowulf; 02-19-2021 at 05:12 PM.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    under the sea
    Posts
    1,125

    Default

    Where Ever They Have good Coffee I'm there!!! My Signiffigant other is into tea at the moment. So they will need some tea selections as well.

    I don't think your a bunch of retards. You woudn't be here if you were.I do how ever thing that you have had the same Lie repeated so many times you believe it without question.

    Point of fact in Judaism you question everything. Why this and why that. You know, some times the answer we get is we don't know. G-D said and we do. As stated "First we will do and then we will understand"....

  6. #16
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    6,221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    Finris, something else Jesus said..."don't cast your pearls before swine". Simply means don't waste your time with someone who refuses to listen. So further discussion on this topic is usless. Obviously, in your mind, you're the only one who's right and the rest of us are a bunch of idiots. Oh, well. It is what is is. We'll talk about weather, vaccines, the virus, good survival practices...whatever. But not this. This topic is closed. I'll waste no more of my time. Now, where would you like to meet for coffee and we'll try to solve the world's other problems. "Course, we'll have to invite Bambam, Brusso, Cammi, 91 Cav, and a bunch of others to render their suggestions too.
    Sounds like a good time to me !!

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Me too
    =
    Make America under God Again
    Truth-Justice-&-the-AMERICAN-Way

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    5,463

    Default

    OLde Timer.....

    I don't think this is much taught to Christians now days and I think it should be so taught. I learned it from some Olde School Baptist preachers/teachers.

    Sin passes by the Fathers line..not by the mothers line.. This is why the Virgin Birth....not the traditions of men....but by sin....in God's eyes....

    We are to know the Olde Testament and not be ignorant of what came before...most definitely. NO problem by me.....

    But we are not under the bondage of the Olde Testament.....but under Grace of the New Testament....

    Also we are instructed in this both in the Olde Testament and the New Testament....that there was a change coming....,


    Nonetheless...sin passes by the Fathers line ...not by the mother....

    This is why the Virgin birth....



    About Human Sacrifice.....remember ...God told Abraham to put Isaac on the altar to be sacrificed.....and Abraham obeyed....and would have carried it out...

    But God stayed his hand ...and brought in a substsitute...a ram.....


    And in process of time God provided His own sacrifice....more prefect than sheep, goats, or bullocks, or turtle doves et al....

    And furthermore...this sacrifice was to be done only once...and not continual...not an red heifer or other substitute..but once....forever....not man made traditions.

    This Olde Timer is why there is no Temple and if there is built a Temple today......it is a counterfeit.....along with the sacrifices...any priesthood or other substitutes/traditions....for we are of the priesthood...every one of us...a priesthood of Believers...

    For Our Sacrifice is done once...never to be done again.....for by this Blood...shed once....are we saved..covered in this Blood.....for when we stand before God ...God will see this Blood covering us...not man made tradition. If we are not covered by this Blood ...shed once...we are without hope...

    I can say much much more...but this will suffice for now...

    For we are of the spiritual line of Isaac...and not of Ishmael....

    Be Warned...there is much that our ministers do not or will not teach us.....and it ought not to be this way...

    For this is why I am often mentioning Ishmaelites....

    In Isaac shall thy seed be called....


    My non Ishmaelite and sinful .02,
    Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 02-19-2021 at 06:36 PM.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    OLde Timer.....

    I don't think this is much taught to Christians now days and I think it should be so taught. I learned it from some Olde School Baptist preachers/teachers.

    Sin passes by the Fathers line..not by the mothers line.. This is why the Virgin Birth....not the traditions of men....but by sin....in God's eyes....

    We are to know the Olde Testament and not be ignorant of what came before...most definitely. NO problem by me.....

    But we are not under the bondage of the Olde Testament.....but under Grace of the New Testament....

    Also we are instructed in this both in the Olde Testament and the New Testament....that there was a change coming....,


    Nonetheless...sin passes by the Fathers line ...not by the mother....

    This is why the Virgin birth....



    About Human Sacrifice.....remember ...God told Abraham to put Isaac on the altar to be sacrificed.....and Abraham obeyed....and would have carried it out...

    But God stayed his hand ...and brought in a substsitute...a ram.....


    And in process of time God provided His own sacrifice....more prefect than sheep, goats, or bullocks, or turtle doves et al....

    And furthermore...this sacrifice was to be done only once...and not continual...not an red heifer or other substitute..but once....forever....not man made traditions.

    This Olde Timer is why there is no Temple and if there is built a Temple today......it is a counterfeit.....along with the sacrifices...any priesthood or other substitutes/traditions....for we are of the priesthood...every one of us...a priesthood of Believers...

    For Our Sacrifice is done once...never to be done again.....for by this Blood...shed once....are we saved..covered in this Blood.....for when we stand before God ...God will see this Blood covering us...not man made tradition. If we are not covered by this Blood ...shed once...we are without hope...

    I can say much much more...but this will suffice for now...

    For we are of the spiritual line of Isaac...and not of Ishmael....

    Be Warned...there is much that our ministers do not or will not teach us.....and it ought not to be this way...

    For this is why I am often mentioning Ishmaelites....

    In Isaac shall thy seed be called....


    My non Ishmaelite and sinful .02,
    Orangetom
    Absolutely, OT. We are definitely on the same page. Boy, could we have some interesting discussion , going all the way back to the garden of Eden. That's where the finger pointing and passing the blame started...right after Eve ate of the forbidden fruit, gave it to Adam and he ate of it, and God caught them in disobedience. Their eyes weren't opened to their nakedness until AFTER Adam ate of the fruit. Then they took leaves and made covering for themselves. God came into the garden and called them. They said they were naked and afraid and hid themselves. God asked them who told them they were naked and asked if they had eaten of the forbidden fruit. Immediately Adam said the woman gave it to him and he hate it. Eve immediately said the serpent beguiled me. And ever since then everything bad or wrong has been someone else's fault. YEP! We could all have some very good discussion gong from Genesis to Revelation. Not all of us would agree all the time, but I don't think we would go to war over our different view points. (Chuckle)

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    6,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by finris View Post
    Where Ever They Have good Coffee I'm there!!! My Signiffigant other is into tea at the moment. So they will need some tea selections as well.

    I don't think your a bunch of retards. You woudn't be here if you were.I do how ever thing that you have had the same Lie repeated so many times you believe it without question.

    Point of fact in Judaism you question everything. Why this and why that. You know, some times the answer we get is we don't know. G-D said and we do. As stated "First we will do and then we will understand"....
    Some things must be accepted by faith and not proof. And, yeah, I'm with ya on the coffee. And our differences on this subject surely wouldn't prevent us from enjoying some good fellowship and the company of good friends. And that's a fact!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •