Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Major SHTF winter storm for Texas 2-11 till 2-17, maybe longer

simply a HUGE fail by all the government regulated public utilities.

good quote from a ZeroHedge article this morning, ends this way:

To biggest takeaway from the largest controlled blackout in American history is that trust in private corporations and government to manage your well-being is set to collapse even further. Parts of Texas are effectively a third-world country this week - maybe being a prepper and storing a few cans of beans, a couple of coins of silver, a few Bitcoins, some ammunition, a generator, and clean water might not be a bad idea.

.09 cents per kwh is about what we pay, are you running a factory to burn $200 per day? That's 222,222 kwh per day or like having 100,000 100W light bulbs on. Did I misunderstand something?
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by bruss01 View Post
    Is there any word on how hospitals and emergency services are operating? Seems like this would be the worst time to need an ambulance or fire truck... especially if municipal water is DOA. I know hospitals supposedly have backup systems but then I thought that about muni water too and they're kaput now according to some reports.
    South Austin Medical Center has no water pressure. They use boilers for building heat. The boilers have shut down on low water alarms. The building has no heat. They are trying to transfer or discharge as many patients as possible. Other hospitals in the St. David's system are near capacity as are other hospitals in the area. Porta-potties and bottled water are being delivered to the site.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil:

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    .09 cents per kwh is about what we pay, are you running a factory to burn $200 per day? That's 222,222 kwh per day or like having 100,000 100W light bulbs on. Did I misunderstand something?

Here’s how they explain it.

There are only a few power generators in the state. The small(ish) electric providers across the state act as the middle man. They do not produce electricity but rather they purchase it and then sell it to us. What happened is when generators started going off line, that caused a shortage of electricity. The law of supply and demand dictates that when supply decreases, the price increases which is what happened. When the price of electricity went up, those “providers “ bought at a higher rate, in some cases a MUCH higher rate, and then passed on the expense to the rest of us. Those that are under contracts don’t have anything to worry about due to the contracts. Those that don’t have contracts, are gonna be bent over.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

The snow is starting to let up now. Reports coming in from Del Rio(on the Texas/Mexico border) of nearly 12” of snow in the last 12 hours!!

Have no fear Texas Patriots................ AOC to the rescue;

https://johnbwellsnews.com/resident-...wind-turbines/

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

She and all the 'rats should use that hot air to melt the ice, then keep rambling to spin those turbines.
    =
    Make America under God Again
    Truth-Justice-&-the-AMERICAN-Way

It is 4 pm now. The snow was supposed to have stopped by 4 pm, at the latest. But there is still a snow band stretching from Mexico all the way to east of San Antonio and stretching well beyond that. There have been times the snow almost quit, only to start coming down again. So far, from all that has fallen in the last week, we have gotten about 1/2” of freezing rain, about 1/2” of sleet, and about 10” of snow. Our yearly average is less than 1” of snow/sleet/freezing rain per year!!

Luckily our water pressure has been restored, but we will still be on a boil water notice till it all gets flushed out of the lines. I’m ready for all of this to be gone so I can get back to work on the off grid shed.

lots of bitching about Cruz - deserves it >>>> but - WHERE THE HELL IS BIDEN IN ALL THIS? - haven't seen word one yet - Prez Trump would have been down there handing out mittens or something .....

I Was at Shepard afb in tech school. It can get real cold in tx. That said. People in ohio. Mi. Nd. Il. Are like...dude quit bitching. You dont have space heaters and kero in the garage. Lol texas up