Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Major SHTF winter storm for Texas 2-11 till 2-17, maybe longer

I see Iím not the only one who has had such thoughts.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    Well, if you wearing coon skin caps and vote conservative you can come again. The entertainment alone should be worth the trip. I've been prepping for a few days. Have 30 gallons of E Free gas and gene ready. Have fireplace and a Mr Buddy heater with several dozen green propane cans, and three 20# tanks full and a radiant heat head for them. Was nasty this morning coming in to DQ. It's Blizzard weather at DQ
    Is a skunk skin hat ok? I don't care for people too much and it helps.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Gonna be -2 here Monday they've reduced the expectation for snow to something less than the 10-20" they were predicting.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Even though we aren't completely moved in to our new house, we are going to stay in it through this weather we're having. Everything is iced over and the old house can't handle the temps predicted so, we have our thermo rests at the new house, plenty of hot chocolate and 2000 plus dvd's and a 75" flat screen TV, and I've already moved tons of groceries and gallons of water over just incase. Our new well is blanketed with a sub zero tank wrap and all the above ground pipes are wrapped as well with R32 insulation capsuled in heavy plastic under the house.

Our gens are topped off and ready to plug the house in to.

Horses are locked in the barn and chickens in the chicken house with plenty insulation. Our farm cats stay in the barn on their own. Usually make their beds in the hay room.

I think we will be fine.

Hubs is off tomorrow, sat, sun, Mon and Tues so there is no need for us the go outside other than to feed andre

Quote Originally Posted by Winni View Post
    Give Cammie a chance to test out her new insulation.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Sounds good Cammie!!

The National Weather Service in Fort Worth in their latest forecast talked about lake effect snow next to some larger lakes in Texas. That is yet another item that I have never heard occurring in Texas.

It's nice and toasty here in the new house. Our furniture was delivered around noon today so it's final that we can now call it home. Ahhhh. Feels soooo good. The old house is so drafty and those radiant heaters have met their match today. It's cold over there in the old house.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Well, the governor of Texas declared a state of disaster. Figured it was only a matter of time before that happened. And the really bad stuff hasnít hit yet.

Prayers for TEXAS! Look on the bright side, the weather should do a good number on the skeeter population!
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    Prayers for TEXAS! Look on the bright side, the weather should do a good number on the skeeter population!
    Whatever happened to Texasskeeter ?

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post

There is always a good side to things!!