Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617

Thread: Major SHTF winter storm for Texas 2-11 till 2-17, maybe longer

Here is another update.

To date, the last body count I heard was 80 people had died because of this storm.

ERCOT has now had 5 people resign, including the CEO.

The Public Utility Commission of Texas chair woman also resigned and actually encouraged others to do the right thing and resign as well.

Electric bills in Texas had been halted by the governor pending an investigation. My electric provider last week stated bills for our area are being sent out this week with that entire week of the disaster removed from the bill.

As of a couple of days ago the local news reported on a couple of apartment complexes that still had no water.

I pass by a Texas DPS office on an almost daily basis. The water lines for that building are exposed and have been leaking water ever since the big freeze.

Some pipe fittings are still in short supply and grocery stores are getting close but are still not back to normal.

Iíve been contacted by some family members to help guide them in setting up backup power for their homes. A lot of family and meteorologists are concerned about what this summer is going to bring. History has shown that when Texas has a big winter storm like this, we end up with bad spring time weather(severe storms, hail, and tornadoes) followed by a hot and dry summer. I pray that does not happen.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    Here is another update.

To date, the last body count I heard was 80 people had died because of this storm.

ERCOT has now had 5 people resign, including the CEO.

The Public Utility Commission of Texas chair woman also resigned and actually encouraged others to do the right thing and resign as well.

Electric bills in Texas had been halted by the governor pending an investigation. My electric provider last week stated bills for our area are being sent out this week with that entire week of the disaster removed from the bill.

As of a couple of days ago the local news reported on a couple of apartment complexes that still had no water.

I pass by a Texas DPS office on an almost daily basis. The water lines for that building are exposed and have been leaking water ever since the big freeze.

Some pipe fittings are still in short supply and grocery stores are getting close but are still not back to normal.

Iíve been contacted by some family members to help guide them in setting up backup power for their homes. A lot of family and meteorologists are concerned about what this summer is going to bring. History has shown that when Texas has a big winter storm like this, we end up with bad spring time weather(severe storms, hail, and tornadoes) followed by a hot and dry summer. I pray that does not happen.
    We've already had a pretty good hail storm. Small at my house, but the neighborhoods I work in got golf ball size. Lots of roofers out running around. Glad my roof is hail resistant.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Well, hereís yet another side effect of the winter storm that we are now dealing with. Fuel shortages. It is being reported that pretty much no refineries that were shut down are back to 100% yet. Some are not even at 50% and others havenít fired back up yet at all!!! So, all the fuel that was in storage has been almost used up. Iím hearing diesel is in short supply mostly but there are numerous gas stations with bags over the handles due to not being able to refill their tanks.

Luckily, this should only last a week or two, hopefully. It all depends on how quickly the refineries can get back online.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best