Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: silver - hope you already got yours

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Same here, been slowly collecting it over the last few decades. Have a few hundred lbs under my, errrr, mattress, next to those canned hams......
    =
    Make America under God Again
    Truth-Justice-&-the-AMERICAN-Way

Quote Originally Posted by Winni View Post
    Same here, been slowly collecting it over the last few decades. Have a few hundred lbs under my, errrr, mattress, next to those canned hams......

LOL LOL LOL...Winni...you have me laughing to myself...here..

I have of late been investing in pure copper.....

Just came from my garage wherein I had to reseat 100 rounds of .41 Magnum bullets into Starline Brass. I had loaded these solid copper deep penetrator bullets for a .41 Magnum Thompson Contender Single shot handgun recently acquired with a 14 inch long barrel.

I had to reseat these bullets about a quarter turn deeper in the cases as the barrel on this Contender would not quite close on this action.

They work fine in my revolvers but apparently the Chamber dimensions are much tighter on the Contender pistol.

The action works fine now....and these reloads are back on line.

Will be ordering more solid copper bullets...environmentally safe bullets ..here shortly.

I will feel very good about myself should I have to shoot them and in protecting the environment.

I can now shine up my halo.....now where is that Brasso!!!!??? Oh...did I tell you that Brasso also shines silver????

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite

Provident Metals site (Texas) is "down for maintenance".... hmmmm.

https://www.providentmetals.com/

Quote Originally Posted by TheCitizenPatriot View Post
    Provident Metals site (Texas) is "down for maintenance".... hmmmm.

https://www.providentmetals.com/
    Yeah, I just saw that too. I have used them a lot to buy PMs from so I go to their site a lot. It has been a very long time since I have seen that site offline. The timing is very suspicious. Now if KITCO goes down and a couple of others too, then that will be beyond suspicious and will point toward something going on behind the scenes.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    LOL LOL LOL...Winni...you have me laughing to myself...here..

I have of late been investing in pure copper.....

Just came from my garage wherein I had to reseat 100 rounds of .41 Magnum bullets into Starline Brass. I had loaded these solid copper deep penetrator bullets for a .41 Magnum Thompson Contender Single shot handgun recently acquired with a 14 inch long barrel.

I had to reseat these bullets about a quarter turn deeper in the cases as the barrel on this Contender would not quite close on this action.

They work fine in my revolvers but apparently the Chamber dimensions are much tighter on the Contender pistol.

The action works fine now....and these reloads are back on line.

Will be ordering more solid copper bullets...environmentally safe bullets ..here shortly.

I will feel very good about myself should I have to shoot them and in protecting the environment.

I can now shine up my halo.....now where is that Brasso!!!!??? Oh...did I tell you that Brasso also shines silver????

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite

I too invest in copper, but in the form of pre-1981 pennies. Got about 50 pounds of them the last time I weighed them. If gold and silver shoot up in price then you can bet that copper will be following them as people move into more affordable PMs.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    Yeah, I just saw that too. I have used them a lot to buy PMs from so I go to their site a lot. It has been a very long time since I have seen that site offline. The timing is very suspicious. Now if KITCO goes down and a couple of others too, then that will be beyond suspicious and will point toward something going on behind the scenes.
    I was able to get on the APMEX site just now, and since I had a bit of "stimulus" $$ tucked away I picked up a roll of Kennedy half-dollars... just because I can. Their web site is very bugging, though - servers kept "timing out", so traffic must be quite heavy.

I was able to get on the APMEX site just now, and since I had a bit of "stimulus" $$ tucked away I picked up a roll of Kennedy half-dollars... just because I can. Their web site is very bugging, though - servers kept "timing out", so traffic must be quite heavy.
    Yeah, I was went there to check their ticker earlier and it errored out several times.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

I've always thought silver was undervalued, but here's a scenario... you have a couple hundred ounces you bought right, let's say $15/oz, and maybe you could use the cash if it goes up substantially. It goes to $100/oz and you want to cash out, and pay off some debt. Where in the world are you gonna sell it? Local coin guy's and metals buyers only have so much liquid cash, and in a lot of those guys opinion, the big price jump would be possibly temporary, so who is gonna buy your silver at $100/oz when it is in such a volatile state when it could crash tomorrow or next week and they're left holding a very expensive bag?
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Quote Originally Posted by ak474u View Post
    I've always thought silver was undervalued, but here's a scenario... you have a couple hundred ounces you bought right, let's say $15/oz, and maybe you could use the cash if it goes up substantially. It goes to $100/oz and you want to cash out, and pay off some debt. Where in the world are you gonna sell it? Local coin guy's and metals buyers only have so much liquid cash, and in a lot of those guys opinion, the big price jump would be possibly temporary, so who is gonna buy your silver at $100/oz when it is in such a volatile state when it could crash tomorrow or next week and they're left holding a very expensive bag?
    My kids can have it when I'm dead and stinkin'.

My kids can have it when I'm dead and stinkin'.
    That's the way I've always felt about mine, but with all the job losses, and crazy world, I'm sure somebody out there is gonna need to cash out, and I've always wondered how someone cashes in pre-shtf.