Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The off grid shed(she shed)

Ok. Then on my next update Ill make a video and put it up on the tube instead of dealing with pictures.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Alright, time for another update!!

Got one layer of insulation on all of the walls now. Started working on the ceiling but Im starting with 2 layers of 1/2 radiant barrier foam board on the ceiling since this is in Texas so its going to get hot. Once the insulation is finished on the ceiling Ill be doubling up the insulation starting on the south facing wall, then on the two east/west facing walls as the insulation supply lasts.

So this time, instead of pictures I made a video. In this video I not only show the insulation work being done, and briefly go over the window install, but I also go over the portable power center that Im using to power my tools as well as listen to the radio while I work.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=M8zi0Iqwvwc

Time for me to get off my feet. Can only get a couple of hours of work in before having to get off my feet for the rest of the day. Yall let me know if the video works out better than pictures, and let me know if there is anything in particular you want to see more of or more detail about.

Great vid Cav! It's coming along nicely. That power center is great, looks very handy and portable.

We own a lot of the same tools!

I think the Mrs. will be pleased when you are through.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

As far as the tools go, my daughter tells me all the time Daddy, you have enough Ryobi tools. STOP BUYING THEM!! hehehehe........

But, because Ive got so many tools, I also have a lot of batteries. So if the power goes out, I can continue my normal everyday stuff. One of the handiest Ryobi tools Ive got and used the most is a simple 18 volt flashlight that I added a USB outlet to. Before we got new furniture that has USB outlets on them, we would keep the flashlight on an end table and use it to recharge our devices when they got low. When camping I use it as a flashlight, and then once inside the tent it would be used to recharge our devices.

Thanks for the compliment on the portable power center. Once the shed is done it will be rebuilt. 32 amp/hr is an ok amount, but if you put any decent load on the inverter it pulls the batteries down too quickly. So I will be rebuilding and upgrading it. The radio is getting removed and the power inverter is going to be replaced with a smaller one. The battery bank is going to be upgraded from 32 amp/hr to 80 amp/hr. The best part is I already have all the parts here to get it done. The radio is going into a jump start box. This jump start box is not going to be used as a jump start box anymore so the bad 17 amp/hr AGM battery has been removed and in its place will be a 20 amp/hr lithium ion battery pack in the form of 18650 batteries. Once again, got all the parts here at the house to build it, just need the time. The new portable power center will have battery posts on it so it will be able to be used as a jump start box.

Got LOTS of projects to work on, just not enough time.