Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing your prepping plan?

In a way, yes....but it wasn't all due to this years BS. We had planned our move out of Commiefornia a long time ago and just put it in place last year.

So we are now even more remote/rural than we had been, surrounded with like-minded neighbors (even a.... ahem...... 'neighborhood watch' group in place that I fit right into). A working farm next door, cattle ranches surrounding us, a bunch of cowboys and rednecks, boy do I feel at home!

So continuing to stockpile food/fuel/etc, nothing shocking, we will be fine........

I'll be honest here y'all I'm sick of hearing about politics and rona. They do play into the poo hitting the fan but we've veered off track I've veered off track. We've been actually living in exactly what we say we're preparing for.

My life has changed I'm much closer to home now, I have something worth defending, I have something worth building, I have something I can't stand the thought of losing. God is the only one who can take it from me, I'll defend me and mine with my life against man and men.

I used to carry a good go bag to get me through but honestly I am never more than a few hour walk from home. I've thrown out so many dollars worth of goods and food that I've stashed and hidden and put back but never needed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still looking for a good deal on an anvil, I'm still building up my orchard and gardens, I'm still studying and learning, but I am also reflecting on my life to this point. I'm a survivor 2020 was a walk in the park for me, partly because of my preps, partly because of my attitude.

A 3 month blizzard would absolutely be testing add another month I'm not confident I could make it. I'm not bullet proof by any means.

I've stated before and I'm confident in that with my ability, knowledge, and Case pocket knife I'll make do just fine. I'm not in the desert, the high mountains of the north, on a coast, in the plains, close to a volcano, or even a large city. My AO is some of the best fertile farming ground in the country, vast forrest, clean water everywhere, 4 seasons, a red state, and we can get to anywhere from here.

My new plan is to build this little place into one that provides for me. I plan to build wealth. I plan to develop defensive features into this place. I plan to remain low key. I plan to replace quantity with quality livestock. Everything will be for a purpose not pleasure. I plan to work my a$s off the next 10 years and play the rest, good lord willing.

Everything will serve a purpose. Instead of birthing a goat that will bring $200 I'll birth a goat that'll bring $2,000 they both eat about the same. Instead of caching 100's of dollars of gear and supplies I'll limit my probability of bugging out.

I double dog dare anyone to get in my way!
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    I'll be honest here y'all I'm sick of hearing about politics and rona. They do play into the poo hitting the fan but we've veered off track I've veered off track. We've been actually living in exactly what we say we're preparing for.

My life has changed I'm much closer to home now, I have something worth defending, I have something worth building, I have something I can't stand the thought of losing. God is the only one who can take it from me, I'll defend me and mine with my life against man and men.

I used to carry a good go bag to get me through but honestly I am never more than a few hour walk from home. I've thrown out so many dollars worth of goods and food that I've stashed and hidden and put back but never needed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still looking for a good deal on an anvil, I'm still building up my orchard and gardens, I'm still studying and learning, but I am also reflecting on my life to this point. I'm a survivor 2020 was a walk in the park for me, partly because of my preps, partly because of my attitude.

A 3 month blizzard would absolutely be testing add another month I'm not confident I could make it. I'm not bullet proof by any means.

I've stated before and I'm confident in that with my ability, knowledge, and Case pocket knife I'll make do just fine. I'm not in the desert, the high mountains of the north, on a coast, in the plains, close to a volcano, or even a large city. My AO is some of the best fertile farming ground in the country, vast forrest, clean water everywhere, 4 seasons, a red state, and we can get to anywhere from here.

My new plan is to build this little place into one that provides for me. I plan to build wealth. I plan to develop defensive features into this place. I plan to remain low key. I plan to replace quantity with quality livestock. Everything will be for a purpose not pleasure. I plan to work my a$s off the next 10 years and play the rest, good lord willing.

Everything will serve a purpose. Instead of birthing a goat that will bring $200 I'll birth a goat that'll bring $2,000 they both eat about the same. Instead of caching 100's of dollars of gear and supplies I'll limit my probability of bugging out.

I double dog dare anyone to get in my way!

The Official theme song of Flock;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnYAxc2BCHU