Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any of you picking up rumors of runs on goods...

Default Any of you picking up rumors of runs on goods...

Any of you picking up rumors or runs on goods and foods at the grocery stores...wall marts et al???

Just hearing rumor mills....getting gasoline et al..

How about the members in other states than Virgini??

I"ve also noted that certain sites seem to be non responsive...locked up...any of you noticed this as well??

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 01-15-2021 at 08:58 PM.

A cashier @ supermarket in my neck of the woods told me that its the busiest she's ever seen it.... I don't shop a wallyworld, so I'm not sure about there...
    Live Free or Die

There are a few food items that the name brand stuff is out of stock. Not as bad as what it was last spring, but it sure seems like a precursor to it happening again. My wife is driving home from the store as I type this so Iíll get a bit more specific info from her once she gets home.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

SAMS sure was busy Wed.
    Lines were long.
    Lowe's was busier than usual tonight as well. People are building like crazy in my area.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Always some rumor floating around that I hear. From bombers being fueled up and ready to drop bombs on (insert country here). To the blue hats ready to come thru the front door. I don't give them much credence any more. So i choose to live a prepared life so im not surprised if/when bad things happen.

But given the uncertainty of crazy times ahead people do seem more on edge lately and ready to drop it all and run for the hills. I am swinging by the store in the morning gonna pick up my weekly run. So I will judge my area tomorrow.
    Vox Populi!

My closest non Walmart store is winco, kinda a warehouse store, but public and not just bulk stuff. They have an entire section, I'd say 6 pallets long and 3 pallet shelves high for bottled water. Not today, they had FOUR cases of water, and none when I left. They've got limits on camping size propane (4) ramen, GONE, rice is gone, beans and pasta GONE. My little farm and ranch store gets ammo on Thursday night and I'm there by 6:45am fridays for "Friday morning ammo club". I stopped yesterday because Thursday is gun shipment day but they put them out immediately. They didn't get any ammo this week, and the counter guys said their entire shipment was smaller than usually comes. Cattle feed, deer corn, pet supplies, tools, everything was short this week and last. He said he thinks the warehouse is having trouble getting deliveries due to the huge online business being done during lockdown and the demand on freight companies.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Went by my local food lion grocery store and got a few items. I've been trying to keep stocked up for the most part and only needed a few items..

However...I also brought along three of my small gallon gas cans..I've been using mostly for my scooters and filled them up on the way home. Most of the rest of my gas cans are already filled....

Also topped off my car and truck....just good sense to me.

Crowds were not bad at food lion and there appeared to be no mad rush...

HOwever....just keeping my ear to the ground...

Orangetom
    NOt an Ishmaelite.

No rush here that I've noticed but we've had a few "panics" this year and I think anyone susceptible is panic bought out at this point.

Our pantry is full as are the fuel storage. Fresh batteries and a full household battery bank.

Five months of dog food in mylar bags, plus a couple months of "old stock" if we get to the point we need it for the dogs or neighbors.
    "The thing about smart people is they seem like crazy people to dumb people" - Stephen Hawking

nobody locally has the propane cylinders like for a torch

Quote Originally Posted by explo72 View Post
    nobody locally has the propane cylinders like for a torch

all this shortage stuff is localized >>> we have stacks of the 2-pack 1lb bottles around here - plenty of canning supplies - food is normal with great sales (39c canned veggies) - mountains & mountains of TP ....

what's a real shortage are the CONEX boxes for the asian goods traffic - supposedly another 500K are needed - China is cooking right now with stuff pouring out >>>> spring JIT merchandise is already showing up at the stores ....
    Last edited by Illini Warrior; 01-16-2021 at 10:54 AM.