Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any of you picking up rumors of runs on goods...

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    all this shortage stuff is localized >>> we have stacks of the 2-pack 1lb bottles around here - plenty of canning supplies - food is normal with great sales (39c canned veggies) - mountains & mountains of TP ....

what's a real shortage are the CONEX boxes for the asian goods traffic - supposedly another 500M are needed - China is cooking right now with stuff pouring out >>>> spring JIT merchandise is already showing up at the stores ....
    In the market Iím in, COSCO (China Ocean Shipping Company) has suspended shipping out excessive M/Tís, a lot of cans sitting with nothing in them, seems a bit strange for this time of year. The inbound stuff is crazy busy,railroads are scrambling to find enough chassis to put underneath, usually the only time itís this busy is right after a port strike.

I suspect it might get even busier after Gropey takes office and tariffs are removed since China owns his ass. Iíve been pulling containers 35 years

Could be Bidens call for a 100 day lockdown.

Never hurts to stock up a few dozen rolls of TP to ward off the latest media epidemic. Things look relatively normal here, but we small town rural conservative Texas, I think that most already awake.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by milkman View Post
    In the market Iím in, COSCO (China Ocean Shipping Company) has suspended shipping out excessive M/Tís, a lot of cans sitting with nothing in them, seems a bit strange for this time of year. The inbound stuff is crazy busy,railroads are scrambling to find enough chassis to put underneath, usually the only time itís this busy is right after a port strike.

I suspect it might get even busier after Gropey takes office and tariffs are removed since China owns his ass. Iíve been pulling containers 35 years

the empties sitting around here are inline to backhaul grain - that slows the flow >>> they can't transit & re-fill as fast as the incoming flow - the large chains have including Amazon have their local warehouses - probably back to 15,000/day alll told ....

Could any "runs" on stuff be due to folks havin 'just run low and now're usin' their COVID checks to rebuild their stocks?

After eating breakfast at a local establishment, we swung by a National grocery store to grab a couple of things my wife forgot. The lowest stock in the store was womenís hair and makeup accessories. But when you looked closer, most medical supplies had low stock. Meat was also low in stock, very low.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best