Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello Everyone

Default Hello Everyone

Hello everyone this is a bit of a reintroduction. I was here a long time ago, and due to recent events have come back for the knowledge this site always delivered. Ive been firefighter/medic for 15 years now. I look forward to interacting with all of you.

Welcome back
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Howdy, welcome back.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Welcome back, it was interesting. LOL
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Hey, I remember you! Welcome back
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

I remember you too. Itís been a hot minute. Iím glad to be back.

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

Welcome back, just in time for the fireworks.....
    =
    Make America under God Again
    Truth-Justice-&-the-AMERICAN-Way

Another returnee, good. It might be interestin' to see what's changed from your perspective in the intervening years.

My perspective hasnt changed a whole lot. I left for no particular reason other than time, I wasnít contributing or spending much time on here with a new job and side work. Plus I felt fairly comfortable in how things were going. I felt comfortable through trumps presidency. Obviously some things have changed. We continued prepping, moved out of the city onto 10 acres. We fell into a relatively stable position. Plenty of food, pond for water, wood stove for heat. Weíre content where weíre at. Prep wise though we never stopped.

Then Biden won, and Iím no longer comfortable with status quo. Iím worried about whatís to come in the near future for my wife and two kids. So here I am.

It's comforting to know that intelligent folks can maintain a healthy view of things without isolating oneself in "survivalist/prepper" land, what with all the echo chambers filled with hair-on-fire doomers & gloomers out there.