Thread: Interesting day and observed Phenomenon....

Default Interesting day and observed Phenomenon....

Stopped by the bank to get some cash out for the holidays..and observed twice now an interesting phenomenon where I go to buy silver.

Twice now I've seen this same fellow with a bag of cash..and i mean thousands of dollars...and buying gold....

What I detect is the observation that long term he would rather have the gold than the dollars...and I mean thousands in one transaction....

Anything but dollars...anything more liquid than dollars...

I watched him buy over 30 K in gold...

And this twice now......

Very interesting.

I have been told/taught that when people begin moving rapidly into PM's....something is up..with the dollar.....the M factor is going up rapidly.

People do not want to get caught holding dollars...they are voting no confidence...with their feet and away from dollars.

You members do what you want with this information ....free ...no cover charge.

Been buying also zinc...along with vitamin D3 and C...and puttiing it away. You cannot find zinc at my local stores....shelves are zero balance.

Again you members do what you will with this information a well.

I quit procrastinating on this task and got off my behind...and rolled out the garden hoses in the front and back yards....from the hose reel..

Then I rolled out the hose from my large upright air compressor in the garage...then using an olde rag for a seal....blew air in the hoses..and thus blew out the water laying in the hose and hose reel. I did not do this one year and when I went to use the hose...the hoses reel greatly leaked from being damaged due to the water freezing inside during the winter months.

Once sufficiently blown down...I reeled the hoses back onto the reels and put all the gear back away.

I finally got up off my behind and did this before we got a long hard freeze...which happens here on occasion on coastal Virginia.

Sometimes procrastination is my middle name...and I pay for it in stupidity later...

Went to a certain radio shop supplier today and bought three 18 inch coaxial jumper cables...but of necessity bought two heavy duty coil springs threaded 3/8-24 threads on both ends...to support a whip antenna for Which I am going to manufacture for someone in this prepper group for their pick up truck.

This antenna will be about 62.5 inches of solid aluminum rod with a 1/8ths diameter hole drilled in one end....and then split with a hack saw blade.

Into this split hole I will insert a K40 stainless steel stinger...and put across the split drilled hole ...two small hose clamps for a tight friction fit.

The other end of this aluminum rod will be die nutted/threaded for a 3/8-24 threads to go in the top of the large support spring. The bottom of the spring will be threaded 3/8-24 threads into a truck type antenna mount...drilled into the bumper with a 1/2 inch drill bit and then put together with adjustable wrenches..
    This large spring will prevent the 3/8 aluminum rod from breaking under constant vibration from traveling.

This antenna will be very broad banded in it's frequency response because of the solid 3/8 diameter aluminum rod....from low 26.000 Megahertz to up in the 29.000 Megahertz....which I why I have one in my truck...and relatively easy to build with my shipyard skills.

Will be continuing to load 30.06 ammunition with solid copper 180 grain bullets....recently acquirred...during the holiday then continuing the same with a batch of 100 .357 Magnums...solid copper rounds..

Free...no cover charge...

Off till January and hope to make good use of the time.....including getting re acquainted with my lazy boy and remote controller.

Hooooorahhhhhhh!!!!

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 12-24-2020 at 01:40 AM.

Enjoy your time.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I'm doing precious metals too... copper lead and brass. Been shooting a lot more with wife and kid, so keeping stocked. I've managed to find 450rds of .22LR today, bought several thousand since Black Friday, been maxing out on 5.56 and 9mm. Next round of stuff I need to rotate thru is bird shot, haven't hunted birds in years, so need to blast steel with it and replace it. Still looking every day for 22 9mm and 5.56 but haven't really had issues finding it and my local sources aren't raising prices. Bulk pack 22lr is tough to find but managed 3-325 packs last week, and lots of 50rd boxes this week.
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

Isn't it dangerous to be doing large transactions like that all at once? About a year ago my bank had me sign a transaction form for a $5K something, withdrawal I think it was. I thought threshold was $10K but remember Soetero lowering it for some reason. Regardless, I don't think I'd want guv knowing that I had $30K in gold, or cash for that matter.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Don't know how or where this person got their monies...not my business.,..

Nonetheless...the transaction was done between the businessman and the customer..no records..cash...

None of my business who this person was....and don't want to know..,.

I just found it interesting that this person wanted the PM more than the cash...

None of the government's business what he bought as well.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    Don't know how or where this person got their monies...not my business.,..

Nonetheless...the transaction was done between the businessman and the customer..no records..cash...

None of my business who this person was....and don't want to know..,.

I just found it interesting that this person wanted the PM more than the cash...

None of the government's business what he bought as well.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.
    Goobermint always has a habit of sticking its nose in where it had no business being.

LOL LOL LOL Olde Timer...

Goobermint always has a habit of sticking its nose in where it had no business being.

LOL LOL Olde Timer....if they want they can follow me to work..and I'll show them how to handle some very very unusual precious metal.....U235...

Now that I'd like to watch...!!!

They are government people...their cleared for this...right!!!????

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite

Absolutely agree, it's none of guys business, but I'm just saying that someone knowing the value of PM over money would also be cautious not to do transactions that might draw attention, I'll make smaller withdrawals any more, I don't like red flags.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields