Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will you gift yourselves this Christmas too?

Flock 6,
    Have two of these Viking Battle Axes...and left one with the prepper group upstate and kept one here for myself...

Will be taking it out into the garage and working further on the edge with my two sided Norton Stone.

Backpacker,

I too have two tomahawks with the hammer on the backside. Got these a couple of years ago as I deemed them practical out in the scrub. Also have two camp axes.

With the hammer on the backside the Tomahawk makes a more versatile tool to me.

Have trenching tools as well in my vehicles.

On the serious side folks....

I am very concerned come January and later when the government benefits run out and the dollar further drops.

I believe and or sense that someone out here is trying to implement the Cloward/Piven strategy using C19 as the basis and thus break our economy..

Someone out here wants and needs America subservient to the international Deep State players..via phony proxy leadership....puppets.

And I believe puppets is what we have had for leadership in both parties for many many years now until DJT..

I don't think Trump is one of them....and has become a huge problem for the Deep State. The Vitriol from both parties is my tell tale sign that Trump is not one of them....but an unauthorized outsider who somehow managed to get past their rigged system...of control over the office of the President of the United States...through two phony political parties.

When the benefits start running out it will not be safe to go about town..or to the store without possibly being mobbed/attacked/mugged for your groceries...goods.

A nightmare for sure.

This greatly concerns me...

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 12-24-2020 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    Flock 6,
    Have two of these Viking Battle Axes...and left one with the prepper group upstate and kept one here for myself...

Will be taking it out into the garage and working further on the edge with my two sided Norton Stone.

Backpacker,

I too have two tomahawks with the hammer on the backside. Got these a couple of years ago as I deemed them practical out in the scrub. Also have two camp axes.

I am very concerned come January and later when the government benefits run out and the dollar further drops.

I believe and or sense that someone out here is trying to implement the Cloward/Piven strategy using C19 as the basis and thus break our economy..

Someone out here wants and needs America subservient to the international Deep State players..via phony proxy leadership....puppets.

And I believe puppets is what we have had for leadership in both parties for many many years now until DJT..

I don't think Trump is one of them....and has become a huge problem for the Deep State. The Vitriol from both parties is my tell tale sign that Trump is not one of them....but an unauthorized outsider who somehow managed to get past their rigged system...of control over the office of the President of the United States...through two phony political parties.

When the benefits start running out it will not be safe to go about town..or to the store without possibly being mobbed/attacked/mugged for your groceries...goods.

A nightmare for sure.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.
    The way I understand it , if POTUS does not sign this stimulus / spending bill , guvment shuts down Monday night. I still think something big has to happen before Jan. 6th . Next week would be a great time for mass arrests while the demonrats are still groggy from their nog.

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    Flock 6,

Backpacker,

A nightmare for sure.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.
    Yeah, I've thought about that very thing myself, OT. That's why I carry everywhere I go. But the thought that I may have to use it on someone who's just trying any way possible to feed his/her family isn't something I'm really comfortable with. But if necessary I'll not hesitate to do so. I so pray I'll never be faced with that.

I am with you on that Olde Timer....I'm with you ...

I have the same concerns at work with my lockers and the foods I have stored there...will it even be safe to go there to get foods..

Most of the people at work cannot think that far..or past their daily bag lunch...but can quote sports statistics all day/night long....or the latest movie et al...and that concerns me...Ishmaelites.

I do not want to put down someone for hunger but it may come to that...and it is not something to which I look forward and in particular for hunger versus something like drugs or monies...your car/vehicle..

I remember last year.. being in the grocery store and the woman in front of me was on some kind of limited budget and had to leave some of her selection on the conveyer belt..

I decided to stop her and tell the cashier to ring it up and give it to her. Her face lit up.....she was surprised and very pleased...and I was glad to help her out as my overhead is not that high....she gave me a big hug...

But....those days may be coming to a stop..and with violence to which I am not looking forward....and yet at the same time I do not like two legged wildlife..and hope never to so become....but am acutely aware we may not be given a choice....

And it weighs heavy Olde Timer...

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 12-25-2020 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    Yeah, I've thought about that very thing myself, OT. That's why I carry everywhere I go. But the thought that I may have to use it on someone who's just trying any way possible to feed his/her family isn't something I'm really comfortable with. But if necessary I'll not hesitate to do so. I so pray I'll never be faced with that.
    I'm with you, but I guess we will need to become much more selfish if things go down. I have family to feed as well. For Christmas this year, I hadn't mentioned anything and wife asked about 20th finally, so I threw out wanting a Honda Whisper generator. I have a Miller Bobcat at ranch that I'm not sure to leave there or bring home, but thought that little unit might be handy in the interim. I know it cant carry the whole house, but think if necessary I could move it around and keep refrigerated stuff safe as long as gasoline lasts. Nobody had anything in stock so I was told to go get one. Cant decide on 2000 or 3000. Anybody have any feedback?
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Bigger, a 2k barely runs a good skill saw
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

If you gotta run a well pump, my guess is you're gonna need something with 240V. For general, limited use my Generac 2.2K was adequate and good on gas. The 6.5K Honda liquid-cooled EB6500 was surprisingly easy on fuel but melted in a wildfire.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    I'm with you, but I guess we will need to become much more selfish if things go down. I have family to feed as well. For Christmas this year, I hadn't mentioned anything and wife asked about 20th finally, so I threw out wanting a Honda Whisper generator. I have a Miller Bobcat at ranch that I'm not sure to leave there or bring home, but thought that little unit might be handy in the interim. I know it cant carry the whole house, but think if necessary I could move it around and keep refrigerated stuff safe as long as gasoline lasts. Nobody had anything in stock so I was told to go get one. Cant decide on 2000 or 3000. Anybody have any feedback?
    Might consider two small inverter gens that will couple together.....lots of options out there.

We bought a 'gunslinger' manual pump for the water well. It's a lot cheaper than running a Gen or installing a fixed hand pump. Our new well installer advised it. Said when times get rough, power grid goes down etc. people will eventually wonder out looking to steal pumps and water. The gunslinger is used then put away. You don't leave it on the well.

We have a Honda 3000 and plenty of gas for it but we decided not to use it for the well and save the fuel for freezers and fridge, and of course living in Texas we need A/C.
    Making good people helpless, doesn't make bad people harmless!

Quote Originally Posted by Camouflaged View Post
    We bought a 'gunslinger' manual pump for the water well. It's a lot cheaper than running a Gen or installing a fixed hand pump. Our new well installer advised it. Said when times get rough, power grid goes down etc. people will eventually wonder out looking to steal pumps and water. The gunslinger is used then put away. You don't leave it on the well.

We have a Honda 3000 and plenty of gas for it but we decided not to use it for the well and save the fuel for freezers and fridge, and of course living in Texas we need A/C.
    That's what I ordered was the 3000. I live on a lake so water pretty easy to come by, and even if dam were taken out, I'm 100 yds from river channel. I may eventually look into another 3000 to link, that's part of what impressed me about these Whispers. Again, I'm thinking of bringing my Miller Bobcat stick welder up to house, even though it gets run more at ranch. Just want to keep fridges and freezers working if possible and consider running inside the house if security becomes an issue, I have great prevailing breeze and could pipe exhaust outside.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields