Thread: 12x10 canvas tarp

Default 12x10 canvas tarp

Iím looking for a canvas tarp 10x12 . I will be using it for camping also as my shelter .
    With that in mind I need it to have plenty of grommets and ties . Using it as a a frame shelter most of the time . I will also use it at times for covering my shelters that I make in the woods .
    I would like to know any brands or companies that any of guys would recommend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the backpackers DIY theirs out of tyvek & mylar sheeting - eazy enough to sew and add the grommets ....

Tyvek and mylar are awesome lightweight fabrics. The downside is crinkle noise. Drove me nuts. I use a snugpac bansha "I think it's called" if I go hammock camping.

Canvas?
    Good medicine in bad places

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    Tyvek and mylar are awesome lightweight fabrics. The downside is crinkle noise. Drove me nuts. I use a snugpac bansha "I think it's called" if I go hammock camping.

you need to get ahold of garment quality Tyvek to get the softer uncrinkable - either that or you just wash it plenty to get it more pliable .....

Quote Originally Posted by Illini Warrior View Post
    you need to get ahold of garment quality Tyvek to get the softer uncrinkable - either that or you just wash it plenty to get it more pliable .....
    Or go buy a roll of house wrap, cut as desired, wash...
    Good medicine in bad places

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel. MD View Post
    Or go buy a roll of house wrap, cut as desired, wash...
    That would be an expensive rain suit. Just go to a new construction and dig some out of the dumpster or cut a 4x8 piece off the house (those dang kids) it's like $150 per roll and so much gets thrown away is ridiculous
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    That would be an expensive rain suit. Just go to a new construction and dig some out of the dumpster or cut a 4x8 piece off the house (those dang kids) it's like $150 per roll and so much gets thrown away is ridiculous
    actually glue welds excellently - use PVC pipe cement - wipe any excess off to keep the seams white Tyvek and not pizz yellow ....

Wow I didn't know that, thanks for the info.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Iím not over concerned about weight I also have a decent light weight tarp. Plus I have ways of transporting it and other gear to where Iím going . The canvas tarp would be part of a winter bug out system also for longer term stay .
    If I go the canvas tent route the tent would be a small hunter tent in 7x7x7 size and would also be used for hunting.
    Most of my winter longer term bug out gear isnít very light weight so a sled or bike 4 wheeler would be used .
    That being said plan for SHTF is to stay home .
    The tent or tarp would be used for a week or less for supply run or hunt to feed my group .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk