Thread: Sale on Xiegu G 90 HF radios...

Default Sale on Xiegu G 90 HF radios...

I just looked this up for someone else and found that the Xiegu G 90 HF radios I have been buying this year are about 75 dollars cheaper than when I bought them.

At the time I bought them they were running $499.00.

I think this is sort of a seasonal sale and also getting rid of inventory before tax time...but cannot blame the companies for that...either way.

Still it is a good buy at that price for someone interested in getting into more advanced radio or even used as a CB if yo do the modifications. This radio will also get you all the Shortwave bands below 30 MHZ on the frequency spectrum.

It will also work on AM/SSB modes....as well as CW/morse code and FM modes.

One of the nice things also about it is that it has in it a built in antenna tuner....though I have manual tuners on my station and in my truck.

Nonetheless it is a good price for it in a Transceiver and also gives one lots of frequency coverage in transmit if one knows how.

Bon Appetite for those interested...I merely make note of it to the members.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

FWIW, there is a google talk group for the G90
    Good medicine in bad places

Quote Originally Posted by Fidel. MD View Post
    FWIW, there is a google talk group for the G90
    Did not know that ...thanks Finris,

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite

Just curious, and let me say from the outset that I am a technology IDIOT. I know very little about computers, radios , etc.

Having said that, even an idiot like me knows that China has placed chips in just about everything they manufacture, which is most of what we buy, including TVs, radios, appliances, even military equipment.

So, how do you all know that your radios aren't being used to track and/or spy on you, just like your cell phones ?

Just my highly suspicious mind working overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post
    Just curious, and let me say from the outset that I am a technology IDIOT. I know very little about computers, radios , etc.

Having said that, even an idiot like me knows that China has placed chips in just about everything they manufacture, which is most of what we buy, including TVs, radios, appliances, even military equipment.

So, how do you all know that your radios aren't being used to track and/or spy on you, just like your cell phones ?

Maybe I'll use my i phone to send them a picture of me taking a crap.

LOL LOL LOL Olde Timer...

Maybe I'll use my i phone to send them a picture of me taking a crap
    I should have seen that one coming...

To get more serious about your question bambam....and it is a reasonable question indeed.

This is just my opinion...you do not have to buy into what I am going to say here..

I have no inside information on which to base this other than some base information based on my experience in Radar and some other electronics in the USAF and also from years of working on these submarines.

bambam....you need to worry more about your own government than the Chinese...and if it becomes Biden and Company you need to worry even more about your government selling you and your family down the drain...and Biden is China....

In particular your computer and also your cell phone..this is where it is the easiest to monitor most people....

It is my belief bambam that certain of these cell phone towers are bogus...they are monitoring receivers of the whole frequency spectrum....not only cell phones....but all of the two way radio bands....private...amateur radio..commercial and any other..

These towers are certainly long/tall sufficient o accommodate an internal antenna capable of long wavelength reception ...even if the antenna is compacted or if you prefer....folded.

I am certain that a number of these towers are bogus....the bigger the city the more of these bogus towers are in existence. They look like regular cell phone towers.

I also have no doubt that what can be picked up on these bogus towers...to which the Chinese and other nations have access ...even the Israelis....

This in particular in nations with more advanced intelligence gathering agencies.

Just my rabid random thoughts..you don't have to buy into this one....I could be just another nut...out here..

Remember what the left and Biden are demonstrating for us..we who can still think....not drama and emotions...

The left just demonstrated that Americans cannot be trusted with their vote...by rigging an election....the left had no choice...they and the internationalists/deep state...could not have withstood another four years of Trump.....they had to rig the election...meaning Americans could no be trusted...to vote properly....expediently.

And Biden is going to demonstrate that a people who cannot be trusted with their vote also cannot be trusted with their guns...clearly.

The Gestapo/CHEKA/NKVD/STASI/KGB is coming back if Biden gets sworn in...and with a vengeance.

The public school system spies on you when needed...

The post man spies on you when needed...etc etc etc.

Do you seriously believe that a Deep State runaway government is going to trust people to voice their opinions...on phones, computers, or radio????
    This is just another way of "Herding" people by making and setting up the tools to monitor them.

The true nature of such an Deep State Internationalist government is an Insecure Ishmaelite Government....

Government can be a very very insecure "BIATCH" to keep and maintain power.

This is why the Founders declared the best government you can have is the least government you can have...!!

My sometimes random/rabid non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 11-30-2020 at 01:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bambam View Post

Unfortunately these days, it's almost impossible to buy, or build, a radio that does not include significant Chinese components in it. Even buying newer commercial radios like Motorola or Harris (radios governments use) have Chicom components..

So, you buy your radio, you take your chances. But in terms of security, if you radiate, you die...
    Good medicine in bad places