Thread: December 21 2020

Default December 21 2020

Rocky easily crosses the log blocking the path, the well worn saddle barely making a sound despite the change in motion. Steam exits his nostrils into the frigid air, the markings and painting some fresh and some old are fading. The white circles around his eyes have indeed helped him to see danger the ones around his nostrils improved his sense. The marks across his blaze represent our many victories against the very surprised invaders.

The journey leading up to this frigid lonely night was difficult at first for the both of us. He led an easy life as a pleasure horse on a hobby farm. I was just a simple man, a contractor by trade. I loved my simple life and verily enjoyed the work needed to maintain my small farm. I raised a handful of cows and goats, a couple dozen chickens and other fowl, a few rabbits, a large garden and a small orchard. It was just a hobby, what my small family didn't consume was given away to friends and neighbors. Like most in my community I enjoyed hunting and fishing when I could make the time. The time had come for us to pay for our simple and enjoyable lives just a little over a month ago when the very fabric of our Nation was ripped to shreds by people who thought they should make our decisions for us and rigged the presidential election.

There had been whispers of Chinese Troops amassing on the Canadian border and like many others I simply didn't pay much attention to it mostly because it was hard to believe let alone believe they posed a threat to the greatest Nation on earth. We were all wrong. Just after Thanksgiving or what it would have bTeen if the liberal leaders hadn't put bans on people gathering, the whispers became shouts but it was too late.

The American people had had enough but things were just coming to a head..........
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by flock6 View Post
    Rocky easily crosses the log blocking the path, the well worn saddle barely making a sound despite the change in motion. Steam exits his nostrils into the frigid air, the markings and painting some fresh and some old are fading. The white circles around his eyes have indeed helped him to see danger the ones around his nostrils improved his sense. The marks across his blaze represent our many victories against the very surprised invaders.

The journey leading up to this frigid lonely night was difficult at first for the both of us. He led an easy life as a pleasure horse on a hobby farm. I was just a simple man, a contractor by trade. I loved my simple life and verily enjoyed the work needed to maintain my small farm. I raised a handful of cows and goats, a couple dozen chickens and other fowl, a few rabbits, a large garden and a small orchard. It was just a hobby, what my small family didn't consume was given away to friends and neighbors. Like most in my community I enjoyed hunting and fishing when I could make the time. The time had come for us to pay for our simple and enjoyable lives just a little over a month ago when the very fabric of our Nation was ripped to shreds by people who thought they should make our decisions for us and rigged the presidential election.

There had been whispers of Chinese Troops amassing on the Canadian border and like many others I simply didn't pay much attention to it mostly because it was hard to believe let alone believe they posed a threat to the greatest Nation on earth. We were all wrong. Just after Thanksgiving or what it would have bTeen if the liberal leaders hadn't put bans on people gathering, the whispers became shouts but it was too late.

The American people had had enough but things were just coming to a head..........
    Don't you DARE leave us hanging, or I'll come after you with an axe handle!!

If we gained anything from 2020 it was that the only certainty is uncertainty. For the past 4 years massive amounts of misinformation and false information have been spread so we could no longer trust anything that we heard only what we experienced. We could only rely on ourselves, that warning was missed by many because we generally tend to prefer to rely on only ourselves. The plan was playing out and we nearly missed it. Those who were dependent on the gov and others for their lifestyle were being rewarded with their handouts, mailbox checks and food boxes. All they had to do in return was to keep those hand feeding them in power positions. It was the ones who wanted law, order, truth and freedom who were left without. The law wanted their handouts, order could not exist with the plan only chaos, the truth would destroy the plan, and you can't have freedom if you're being fed.

The powers that be ensured a democrat presidential win by sabotaging the vote counting systems in key swing states. Turns out the voting process systems were owned by our great friends the Canadians. The numbers simply didn't add up recounts were demanded lawsuits were filed servers were seized in European countries. It was too late the plan had started a long time ago America was at war!
    Last edited by flock6; 11-18-2020 at 08:01 PM.

The Friday after Thanksgiving 2020 the much anticipated "Black Friday" was indeed Black. The internet stopped. Everything that was connected suddenly became alone in the dark. From gamers to equipment operators were affected immediately, you couldn't ask your phone the contents of your refrigerator or if you locked your door. Cash registers stopped working, all digital communication was out, traffic lights malfunctioned, businesses shut down, and the banks closed. Soon maintaining electricity and other utilities became difficult, processes were in place but the practice was old fashioned.

Almost no one knew how to get information, loved ones couldn't contact each other, people couldn't call out for help. Radio over the airwaves still worked but few had the equipment. Those that had radio equipment most likely had a plan for an event like this and have already started implementing them. There were also a lot of people who didn't find radio equipment a priority but also were carrying out their plan only with less information. National guard and local militia alike were activated, MAGs were alerted, Sh!t hit the fan!

A story like this reminds me that I haven't checked out my CB in close to a year. It sits in an ammo can behind the seat in my truck. Even the magnetic mount antenna unscrews and just fits.
    Also need to hit the magic money machine at the bank. At least for the first few days in a scenario like this, cash'll be useful.
    Thanks for the reminder, flock6.

I had long planned a bug in type existence so we were ready to thrive in a grid down situation, just a few loose ends to tie up. I have worked extra hard to ensure that my family could sustain themselves without relying much on the outside world.

My children have been planting and gardening since they were still in diapers and in the field and woods since they could walk good on their own. They've been taught to harvest process and preserve natures bounty I felt it important for them to be self sufficient long after I was gone and it looks like I'll get to choose that time rather than waiting out my clock.

The church service that following Sunday was quite somber, 2 Chronicles 20:20-21 and Psalm 27:3 were the messages that morning. You see it was time now to pay for that easy life. I had made the decision that our lives would never be the same and all that I've enjoyed and worked for was being quickly eroded away never to return if I and many more didn't act immediately.