Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sermon to be delivered 11/15/20

As for the days wages for a quart of grain, it also says not to touch the wine or the oil. This could possibly mean that the rich (elitists) will be unaffected by this global depression as were the rich in the U.S. during the 1929-1946 depression.
    Approach with a calm resolve, attack with reckless indifference. Gladius Republicae!
    "...use Gold like it's gunpowder..."

I set my phone to record, set it on the podium and started to deliver the sermon. The spirit was there and people heard the message. Unfortunately, the recording is almost unintelligible. I guess that sermon was only for their ears.

At the end of the sermon, I got a few people who said "amen" but mostly silence. The social after the service was a little strained, so I made a polite exit and went home. I got a few encouraging messages on my phone throughout the day. So... success.
    "You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

Sounds like you not only planted the seed, but by having a few Amens at the end of the service, they let everyone else know that you are not alone with this. That will help those in doubt to think about it more and to look into this more. You opened eyes, no doubt. As to the recording, it is all in Godís will, and who are we to question that! I said a small prayer for you yesterday morning that God would not only anoint your lips, but also open peopleís hearts and minds to the message. Thank you for preaching the truth!!!
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    Sounds like you not only planted the seed, but by having a few Amens at the end of the service, they let everyone else know that you are not alone with this. That will help those in doubt to think about it more and to look into this more. You opened eyes, no doubt. As to the recording, it is all in Godís will, and who are we to question that! I said a small prayer for you yesterday morning that God would not only anoint your lips, but also open peopleís hearts and minds to the message. Thank you for preaching the truth!!!
    A hearty AMEN here! If you didn't walk on some toes you weren't preaching the word. Sounds like you tripped over a lot of footsies in your sermon. That's good preaching! As it is said, biblical Christianity ain't popular, popular Christianity ain't biblical. W-A-Y too much "popular" Christianity these days. Some good, old fashioned hell fire and brimstone sermons are sorely needed. Wish I could have been there to have heard your sermon. I'd have added a profound Amen!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    A hearty AMEN here! If you didn't walk on some toes you weren't preaching the word. Sounds like you tripped over a lot of footsies in your sermon. That's good preaching! As it is said, biblical Christianity ain't popular, popular Christianity ain't biblical. W-A-Y too much "popular" Christianity these days. Some good, old fashioned hell fire and brimstone sermons are sorely needed. Wish I could have been there to have heard your sermon. I'd have added a profound Amen!!!!
    Nicely stated Olde Timer...Nicely Stated...and Amen.

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

Ill second the previous comments. That's the kind of biblical teaching that has been lacking.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13