Thread: New Gear

Default New Gear

Well Christmas is just around the corner . So I知 thinking about getting a couple more pieces of gear for myself . Before I start buying gifts. So I知 wondering if any of you guys have any gear or equipment that your wanting to get?
    Me i want to get a couple more small survival gear . The main two things I want to pick up is a decent scope and a new knife that Buck makes . It is the Buck GCK combat knife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd like to find some night vision gear.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker1513 View Post
    I'd like to find some night vision gear.
    With the price of night vision gear...I think we would all like to "find" some!!!! Uncle Sugar watches that stuff awfully close.

I am in agreement that the night is were the hunters need night vision. If there are to many folks out in the first couple of months of a major event trying to hunt everything will become nocturnal.

Attacking people at dawn or dusk will become normal again. Just due to the lack of night vision for the 90%...

Thermal and night vision will be a major thing post event.

My thought exactly
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

You got me thinking . I wouldn稚 mind some thermal vision . That could really give a guy some advantages day time and night time . Back that up with a helmet mounted night vision monocular. Major advantages over the average people.

Just remember . With gen 1-3 nv. Other people with nv can see you like a you have a flashlight on. Gen 4 is bees knees bit $$$$$$

Quote Originally Posted by driftz240 View Post
    Just remember . With gen 1-3 nv. Other people with nv can see you like a you have a flashlight on. Gen 4 is bees knees bit $$$$$$
    Well, they need a light source of some kind. A little moon or city sky light is plenty. I picked up a demo Gen III NV from a gun shop with perfect glass, for a song. Sure with I could stumble on that one again.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Yea the IR gives you away . Hopefully none of us have to face a group that is well trained and has better NV gear.
    Another reason I知 leaning towards thermal

So does washing your clothes in laundry soap. There are a few near ir laundry products. Woolite used to be ok for use in my mil days. Still what I use on my bdus