Thread: Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry - 30,000 canners

Default Wisconsin Aluminum Foundry - 30,000 canners

Ten years ago we purchased the Rolls Royce of pressure cookers - the "All American 921"... used it extensively to preserve all our garden goodies for years. It ain't cheap - $359 on Amazon now - but then neither is a Rolls Royce.

Fast forward a decade, and we are preparing to move to the hills of Tennessee come spring. Well, the sturdy packaging that accompanied the 921 was lost to a flooded basement in 2014, so I called the factory today with an unusual request... just the original packaging, box and form-fitted foam to hold the canner safely for a cross-country move. Cost me $7.00 for shipping, and the customer service lady was polite, helpful, and chatty. I figgered $7 was cheap insurance to protect our investment. This canner is so well built I consider it an heirloom tool that can be passed down through the ages. Best part for me - NO gasket. It is machined so precisely that all that's required to seal it is a drop or two of olive oil rubbed around the rim.

Customer service lady tells me they are overwhelmed with orders, and producing these canners as fast as they can. They sold 14,000 units last years, but this year they are in track to ship out some 30,000 + units. Let that sink in for a minute. Kinda tells the pulse of the nation, huh ?

If you don't have one yet, I highly recommend this brand. Top shelf quality, great customer service. The old adage "you get what you pay for" seems appropriate here.

Proof that there are still a few really good companies out there.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Mountains & Lakes of the extreme NorthEast

I have one, I have one, toooooo. My primary is a HR freeze drier, but that American is ready to go, come no electron flow.
    =
    Make America under God Again
    Truth-Justice-&-the-AMERICAN-Way

I remember gramma had her pressure cooker out all the time, pre microwave and such. That looks like a nice unit, may have to get myself one, wife won't cook with it.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    I remember gramma had her pressure cooker out all the time, pre microwave and such. That looks like a nice unit, may have to get myself one, wife won't cook with it.
    Lehman's has them on sale right now for 290 something. Something is twisting my arm really bad. Its the 21 1/2 qt. Normally $391.99 on sale for 289.99
    Last edited by beowulf; 11-06-2020 at 07:01 PM.

It's a heavy beast, but will last for generations - literally. Not a lot of products that can make that claim. Made in the USA, too !

Another big source of their sales is Indian immigrants. I deal with them every day, and they ALL have at least one of these, some have a few different sizes, and they all have the instapots as well. I gues lots of their traditional food is cooked this way. They feed me once in a while and all of their food is mushy and brown, good, but brown. Lol
    Common sense is so uncommon nowadays it ought to be reclassified as a super power

I've got mine on order. OMG they are expensive!

As far as Indian food goes. I have had their yellow food, Green food, and red food. All three were so hot, I broke into a sweat from eating it. My wife couldn't handle more than a mouth full and she politely spit it out and drank large amounts of water. The only food I have ever eaten that was hotter was a thin stew, served in Vietnam. It can only be described as culinary napalm. It was so spicy, it burned on the way out!
    July 4, 1776 - November 4, 2020
    覧覧覧由IP USA覧覧覧