Thread: Lemi Shine Boost

Default Lemi Shine Boost

As some of you know and I've mentioned in the past I have been reloading for a long time, both pistol and rifle. And there are a few other reloaders here on this site too.
    During all of this time I have used a vibrating case tumbler to clean my brass using both walnut and corn cob.
    This way is noisy and dusty and having to remove debris from a lot of primer pockets.
    And I live in an apartment, lol....which is another problem....vibration and noise. Recently a new move in.....that is always home. I couldn't run my tumbler. So I did a search on youtube for liquid cleaning and fount two methods......vinegar and salt but read it leaches out the the zinc from the brass weakening it.
    The other was lemi shine boost, found in the automatic dishwashing section of the grocery store.
    So I tried it....and WOW.....the brass came out like it was new, factory fresh.
    Heres how.......in a container add liquid dish soap and add your brass and cover with hot tap water and let soak for 10 minutes, add the lemi shine and either stir by hand or shake for a few minutes, drain and rinse then dump in a towel to remove access moisture and let dry......
    Simple and a lot cheaper than a liquid sonic cleaner.

I have been using lemishine to clean my compensators. I throw it in my ultrasonic cleaner. Eats the carbon right off

Sounds like a good find.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Thanks! I've never heard of it, but if I can find it I'll dang sure give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    Thanks! I've never heard of it, but if I can find it I'll dang sure give it a try.
    It doesn't take much of the lemi shine boost, about a tablespoon.
    I spread the damp brass on a flat baking sheet and pop it in an oven set on 150 for about 20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by CENTEXDUDE View Post
    It doesn't take much of the lemi shine boost, about a tablespoon.
    I spread the damp brass on a flat baking sheet and pop it in an oven set on 150 for about 20 minutes.
    This, to dry the brass after its been cleaned?

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    This, to dry the brass after its been cleaned?
    Yes or you can let air dry.