Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: set of left handed drillk bits...,

Default set of left handed drillk bits...,

I finally got off my backside and stopped procrastinating ....I picked up a set of left handed drill bits....

By this I mean a set of drill bits wherein the twist is to the left instead of the right as on most drill bit sets.

This is particularly desirable in removing or drilling out broken bolts and or studs.

I can do this with a right handed set and bolt extractors but decided I would stop procrastinating and go ahead and get a set.

I dont need them right now...but this is the kind of thing which when it happens often catches one totally unprepared.

I have broken bolt/stud extractors but never had the left handed drill bit set to compliment this job when the going gets really rough.

But now I have it covered.....ahead of time....rather than in the midst of a crisis.

The left handed drill bits run from 1/16th of an inch in diameter to 1/2 inch in diameter.

Hopefully this should cover most of my needs. If not I know where the Empire Machine store is to get commercial tools and parts. Granger too.

Broken studs and bolts tend to happen as the most difficult and clumsy times...in the middle of a difficult job.....and .....are verily known for advancing ones language skills.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom

Very useful tool...when you need them most.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Yes, they are very handy!!
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

I have two left handed hammers I'll give to anyone who needs them. I'm right handed and can't use them at all. I also have on hand forty gallons of prop wash concentrate (Fly-boys will know what that is) and several hundred feet of flight line if anyone is interested. :

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    I have two left handed hammers I'll give to anyone who needs them. I'm right handed and can't use them at all. I also have on hand forty gallons of prop wash concentrate (Fly-boys will know what that is) and several hundred feet of flight line if anyone is interested. :
    Can you direct me to a supplier for muffler bearings and blinker fluid? Low blinker fluid means I can only signal left turns 'til I can top it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Vale74 View Post
    Can you direct me to a supplier for muffler bearings and blinker fluid? Low blinker fluid means I can only signal left turns 'til I can top it off.
    Unfortunately I can't, but I'll do some research and get back to you if I find out anything.

We all joke of these things, but I'm sure most of us have seen the video of the millennial struggling to operate a can opener in front of a mesmerized crowd, and the ovation when after 5 minutes of struggle, she gets said can open.

Need to find that video and post one day.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

i sell muffler bearings, cheapest in town..just need your card number buddy

Quote Originally Posted by KINGCHIP View Post
    We all joke of these things, but I'm sure most of us have seen the video of the millennial struggling to operate a can opener in front of a mesmerized crowd, and the ovation when after 5 minutes of struggle, she gets said can open.

Need to find that video and post one day.

I like the video of the woman trying to figure out how to put gas in her electric car.......Priceless!!!

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    I like the video of the woman trying to figure out how to put gas in her electric car.......Priceless!!!

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite
    Oh, LORD!!! I hurt myself laughing at that one!