Thread: Plantsman and Covid-19

Default Plantsman and Covid-19

I've lost count of things that I've done during this pandemic. I guess being on lockdown for so long will force you to do new things you've never done before.

I've never had a good taste of making my own garden before, it's always my mom who's obsessed with it, and since we live in the same house, I tried for the first time of growing my own plant in a pot and to my surprise, it's the first time I've felt responsible to a plant, thinking about things I should do and prepare ahead just to make sure my first survives. Btw, this new plant is a Cymbidium, a kind of orchid that grows in tropical weather(which I just took from my mom's garden LOL). This is first to me but I'm having fun seeing this little black bulb turned into a fully grown orchid. I think this is my journey to becoming a plantsman.

So, did anyone become a plantsman just during this pandemic?

doesn't sound like you actually discovered the "secret" of gardening - but many naive preppers and sheeple found out it takes more than sticking a seed in the ground ...

need garden ground well worked and prepped in advance to have a well producing produce garden - virgin ground rarely is ready "as is" - like all gardening it takes tech knowledge & attained local gardening knowledge thru time & toil ...

most preppers discovered what most of us already know - if you don't have the tools & supplies when the SHTF hits - you aren't getting them >>> China didn't get their whole "spring" delivery into the country and there was a shortage on top of the demand surge - everyone that waited too long into spring had seed problems - and that was just surge demand with no shipping & SHTF destruction involved ....

tangent to the gardening problems - food preserving - shortage across the boards in canning tools. jars, lids and even storage for filled jars ....

Not exactly my first rodeo, but this year I started seeds earlier and grew them in my little greenhouse for about 45 days before transplanting into garden. Gave a much longer fruiting span for me. It's my new norm.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields