Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: your survival in the new litmus tests...

Default your survival in the new litmus tests...

What little I bothered to watch on the Amy Barret confirmation hearings something occurred to me in the brief window of what I observed in Ishmaelite litmus test non standards...

What I noticed is that the standards for litmus tests for any office in the land seem to be expanding ..

Don't know why it did not occur to me before this but it was always there.

To begin my point ...I return back to the original litmus test which held sway for years and years....Abortion.

Abortion was such an Hot Issue that you could not run for dog catcher across this land without giving your beliefs up for trial on Abortion.

Your qualifications or experience meant nothing ..the key issue...litmus test for the job and by default was your stance on Abortion.

Abortion became the prime qualification for any office..for any candidate...

I don't believe many even thought of it in this manner but Abortion is still being used in this capacity ..to control votes...particularly the female vote.

Now...today...

It seems that abortion as a litmus test has been augmented by race....sex....gender issues...and even homophobia......to steer and control votes...to find someone guilty of some kind of moral and or ethical trespass. Their qualifications mean nothing....the matter at hand becomes how to use a litmus test to disqualify someone.

I picked up on this for once....in the "Amy Barret hearings...that this litmus test list seems to have expanded out today....

Tell others you know to be aware of this kind of thing...used/abused/and misused by the left as a litmus test to steer overly emotional voters...who can be easily lead...not just in the Amy Barret hearings but other issues as well. Herding by litmus test....

The left is getting really really wild with this kind of thing to the point to me that they are becoming rabid...in their search for a new litmus test and to make it stick..,they are to the point of scrapping the bottom of the barrel...today.

Ishmaelites run wild..Herding by litmus test..

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Watcherchris

It could very well head that way in todays political climate, but I think that this is nothing more than the establishment and media never ending quest to shame all things Trump now extending into the SCJ appointment.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I agree for right now KINGCHIP....against Trump...but the litmus test was going on long before Trump. It just appears to me that this has been augmented with these new social areans....sex...race...homophobia..gender issues .....all of them clear "Herding" attempts to also prevent individual thinking..versus an emotional reaction.

If you prefer....a Jerry Springer atmospheres...and reaction.

I think this augmented pattern will continue long after Trump ..,...my question is will the public ever catch on ...like they are doing currently with sports. and such.

Just my non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom

I think that pro sports is starting to catch on that SJW may not be their biggest fan, their viewing numbers are abysmal.
    Once on safari in deepest darkest Afganistan we ran out of Gin, and were compelled to survive on food and water for several days.

I typically carry a flask of vodka for snakebites. I also carry a small snake.- W. C. Fields

I don't watch sports unless it is a good fishing program wherein I can learn something about catching and or eating/cooking fish.

Like to fish here..I find it very Peaceful....cook and eat a fine fish meal...too.

Don't get me wrong here ..I am not against sports...for there is nothing wrong with carefully pushing one's self to do better in sports or whatever one pursues...to individually excell...and then learn to work it into a group...with others...as a team to reach a certain goal/goals.

This is in fact and important life lesson..individually or in a team setting...an I am not strictly talking sports here..but life itself..

I am just not into professional sports or the worship of these people and their products as some kind of demi gods....not for me thanks. Merchandizing took the zest away for me in this arena....

These people and or groups are just not going to get my monies..

Wonder what took pro sports so long to catch on.....many of them went to college did they not????

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    I don't watch sports unless it is a good fishing program wherein I can learn something about catching and or eating/cooking fish.

Like to fish here..I find it very Peaceful....cook and eat a fine fish meal...too.

Don't get me wrong here ..I am not against sports...for there is nothing wrong with carefully pushing one's self to do better in sports or whatever one pursues...to individually excell...and then learn to work it into a group...with others...as a team to reach a certain goal/goals.

This is in fact and important life lesson..individually or in a team setting...an I am not strictly talking sports here..but life itself..

I am just not into professional sports or the worship of these people and their products as some kind of demi gods....not for me thanks. Merchandizing took the zest away for me in this arena....

These people and or groups are just not going to get my monies..

Wonder what took pro sports so long to catch on.....many of them went to college did they not????

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom
    I enjoy a good baseball game, and I like to watch the Georgia Bulldogs football team. Other than that, its more exciting to sit on my porch and watch the grass grow, or watch the squirrels and crows fighting over my pecans in or around the tree in my back yard.

Quote Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
    I enjoy a good baseball game, and I like to watch the Georgia Bulldogs football team. Other than that, its more exciting to sit on my porch and watch the grass grow, or watch the squirrels and crows fighting over my pecans in or around the tree in my back yard.
    Ut football and Braves baseball is pretty much it, if I have time.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker1513 View Post
    Ut football and Braves baseball is pretty much it, if I have time.
    UT football...University of Texas? OOPS!!!! Chuckle, chuckle!! Couldn't pass that one up BP. Us Dawg and Vol fans gotta have a little friendly needling back and forth, ya know. Been a requirement for decades. Lots of folks don't realize what a rivalry Ga./Tenn. football is, and the fun we can have with it.

Yeah lots of fun over the years for sure. Lot more fun whe. We dont suck though. Last decade has been hard
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Quote Originally Posted by bacpacker1513 View Post
    Yeah lots of fun over the years for sure. Lot more fun whe. We dont suck though. Last decade has been hard
    Yeah, I hear ya! I had to suffer through watching Georgia fall to Bama again tonight. Dawgs have one heck of a run defense, but their pass defense sucks big time.