Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: your survival in the new litmus tests...

It was good game till 2nd half. Kinda like UT and GA last week
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Gentlemen,

As I stated in an earlier post...

I am not against sports.....for sports and the disciplines one gets from it ..in sometimes pushing ones self to do better...even though one is dead tired....is an important life lesson....not just about sports but life itself..

I am also well aware that many people watch sports to escape the daily rigors of life...their trials and tribulations.....hardships so to speak...and just relax....

I have no problem with this...and do understand it.

I just have a hard time understanding the stupidity of the owners and leaders in sports that they do not understand this about the very nature of the American People..that they do not want the nonsense of the whoredom which has become American Politics...to pollute their relaxation time..

Or...as I am oft want to state on here....

You have to become overeducated to become this stupid about the basic nature of the American People...that you think that Sports is ones private venue...for social politic....

Someone out there thinks The American people can be further "Herded" or "Held Hostage".."Even Insulted" by sports....and politics invading sports...the political virus invading sports. People do not want to be herded or hustled when they are so relaxing...

I am very satisfied to hear that many are voting against this trend with their remote contollers....and it's about time too.

Many Americans watch sports to escape their daily rigors.....not to have them throw it in their faces...

It tells me of the disgust and disrespect someone has out there for this country and it's people...Ishmaelites run wild..

I also think the phony conservative Republicans should be awakening more Americans to this line of thought but they are silent.....when this is a teachable moment...particularly in an election year.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom
    Last edited by orangetom1999; 10-18-2020 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by orangetom1999 View Post
    Gentlemen,

As I stated in an earlier post...

I am not against sports.....for sports and the disciplines one gets from it ..in sometimes pushing ones self to do better...even though one is dead tired....is an important life lesson....not just about sports but life itself..

I am also well aware that many people watch sports to escape the daily rigors of life...their trials and tribulations.....hardships so to speak...and just relax....

I have no problem with this...and do understand it.

I just have a hard time understanding the stupidity of the owners and leaders in sports that they do not understand this about the very nature of the American People..that they do not want the nonsense of the whoredom which has become American Politics...to pollute their relaxation time..

Or...as I am oft want to state on here....

You have to become overeducated to become this stupid about the basic nature of the American People...that you think that Sports is ones private venue...for social politic....

Someone out there thinks The American people can be further "Herded" by sports....and politics invading sports...the political virus invading sports. People do not want to be herded or hustled when they are so relaxing...

I am very satisfied to hear that many are voting against this trend with their remote contollers....and it's about time too.

Many Americans watch sports to escape their daily rigors.....not to have them throw it in their faces...

It tells me of the disgust and disrespect someone has out there for this country and it's people...Ishmaelites run wild..

I also think the phony conservative Republicans should be awakening more Americans to this line of thought but they are silent.....when this is a teachable moment...particularly in an election year.

My non Ishmaelite .02,
    Orangetom
    Yeah, I hear ya! Ya know, I watch sports, what little I watch, for the entertainment. I enjoy seeing the skills of individual players, as well as the team working together to try to successfully execute a play. But you're right, far too much importance is placed on the outcome of a game by far too many people. Its just ludicrous for people to argue and fight over the outcome, in some cases killing a fan of the opposing team. If I feel I'm getting too emotionally involved in a game I'll get up and go do something else...keep things in the proper perspective. Sports are meant to be a relief from the daily rigors of life. The outcome of a game is not life or death. Whether or not my team wins has nothing to do with whether or not I'll get to eat breakfast tomorrow morning. The sun still rises in the East.
    Last edited by beowulf; 10-18-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Same here Beo. In comete agreement with OT. I used to watch sports, a lot. But all the entitlement crap has ended that, plus the time wasted, well just no good reason for it.
    Greater love hath no man than this, That a man lay down his life for a friend.
    John 15:13

Amen on this one Olde Timer.......Amen...

I enjoy seeing the skills of individual players, as well as the team working together to try to successfully execute a play.
    Well said Olde Timer...well said..

Orangetom
    Not an Ishmaelite.

I can't stand television sports, I would rather watch radio-active paint dry. I did see a Pee-Wee football game once and a community college football game. That was amusing to watch. I think we need more alkaline for the litmus tests.
    Approach with a calm resolve, attack with reckless indifference. Gladius Republicae!
    "...use Gold like it's gunpowder..."