Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prepper /survival store

Default Prepper /survival store

Iím looking for a prepper store that caters to Preppers and survivalist and people that live the off grid life style. I know there is a lot of places that claim to be that type off store but it seems like they just carry a lot of camping gear and Bear Grylls / Gerber backed. They may carry some SOL survival kits etc. Most of all that is over priced because your buying it from a survival store .
    Is there a place that has quality and unique gear for Preppers and the off grid type ?
    So far the place that seems to have a lot of unique and quality gear is Ready Made Resource
    Where do most of you guys shop ? Not just cheap camping gear that you see everywhere.
    Somewhere you can get most everything in one order from the same place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

even if some outlet covered the unending span of categories for prepping >>> the quality for all products wouldn't be there - wouldn't likely to be buying a solar grid system just because they sold a quality backpack ....

Neither would the expertise. It is nice to be able to ask someone at the store about an item and get an expert or informed opinion. Try getting that at Home Depot. Their experts are people who either roam from department to department, or work one department one day and somewhere else the next. Most of them are just as clueless as I am about where to find stuff, let alone be able to give any useful info about the product. I like specialty stores. I got a go to grain and dry goods seller, a go to container seller, a go to seller for just about everything I need. They all mail order and ship for free, and none of them are named after a large rain forest, or a large mouth fish.
    "You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

So far in my search the only places I have found that have some of the quality and unique items that a Preppers or survivalist is a small gun shop / hardware store in my area and Ready Made Resources. The little gun shop is part of a True Value . So I can get my ammo and a new Sthil chainsaw. They also have canning supplies. I did pick up my Aquamira frontier water filter. The also sell a few Biolight items.
    In this area we are victims of box stores so things like Biolight solar and charging gear is UN heard of . Other sad thing is this little gun shop is just starting . Had only been open 6 months before the pandemic shutdown and panic buying. They are haveing a hard time keeping stock. Good news is the Husband of owner of the shop is a prepper. So hopefully he starts getting more things in.
    It would be nice not to have to order everything that I want.
    The other day I stopped in and bought a tourniquet holder . I know thatís no big deal to most of you but in my area things like that have to be ordered. Things like quick clot or Celox have to be ordered.
    Stop at one of our drug stores to pick up medical and first aid . You canít even get a Israeli bandage .
    So when I bought the CAT tourniquet pouch I mentioned a Israeli bandage . So I wonít be surprised to start seeing higher end first aid gear. They already carry plate carrier s etc. they may not be made by High speed gear but the idea is if I wasnít a plate carrier I donít have to order it.
    What Iím trying to find out is where I can get most of the gear I want with out ordering from ten different places.
    Aside from the bigger solar items things like that . As far as solar goes the area I live in Ohio we have a couple places to choose from. On of the places that make solar Panels has a contract with the military.
    Mostly Iím talking the smaller gear . I would like to find a place that has gear such as Celox , Israeli bandages , and sells large ferro rods that are at least 6inches x .5 inches . Other items as well.
    I know I can order those things but I would have to order from 2-3 different places.

amazon. i just buy whatever i want off there usually.

Iím an information junkie. So when I decide that I need something, I research the mess out of it. The good, the bad, the ugly, and what else is made that could also work but may have multiple different uses. I use a pen and paper to write down the proís and conís, then I start searching as to where it can be purchased. Some things I will gladly pay more for if I can find a local mom and pop store that sell it. Otherwise I buy it online. If I follow these steps then rarely ever do I make a purchase that I regret.
    Prepare for the worst, hope for the best

Quote Originally Posted by 91CavGT View Post
    Iím an information junkie. So when I decide that I need something, I research the mess out of it. The good, the bad, the ugly, and what else is made that could also work but may have multiple different uses. I use a pen and paper to write down the proís and conís, then I start searching as to where it can be purchased. Some things I will gladly pay more for if I can find a local mom and pop store that sell it. Otherwise I buy it online. If I follow these steps then rarely ever do I make a purchase that I regret.
    Because you decided you liked before you even bought it! If I put that much effort into a purchase I would never admit to regretting it, not even to myself.
    Don't bring skittles to a gun fight.

I'm a impulse buyer...hey that's cool...add to cart... Lol
    I go on soldiersystems.net every day and see all the latest greatest gear in the military/ tactical industry and sometimes go into orgasmic purchase mode....

Quote Originally Posted by 46camper View Post
    Iím looking for a prepper store that caters to Preppers and survivalist and people that live the off grid life style. I know there is a lot of places that claim to be that type off store but it seems like they just carry a lot of camping gear and Bear Grylls / Gerber backed. They may carry some SOL survival kits etc. Most of all that is over priced because your buying it from a survival store .
    Is there a place that has quality and unique gear for Preppers and the off grid type ?
    So far the place that seems to have a lot of unique and quality gear is Ready Made Resource
    Where do most of you guys shop ? Not just cheap camping gear that you see everywhere.
    Somewhere you can get most everything in one order from the same place

Emergency essentials has lots of "prepper" type supplies and lymans (sp?) has primatialy off grid/ non electric stuff

Quote Originally Posted by 101airborne View Post
    Emergency essentials has lots of "prepper" type supplies and lymans (sp?) has primatialy off grid/ non electric stuff
    It's Lehman's, 101. Jus to help out a bit. If you're talking about Lehman's non electric store in Ohio. I've done business with them.. Good folks.